Mechman Alternators

got a question I have a 250a rhino alt with in dash regulator. I installed it today but I didn't have time to hook up the regulator. So, my alt doesn't have anything plugged in it. I tested my voltage while running and its 12v. Is this because theres nothing plugged into it? when i hook up the regulator this should be fixed right? I know this is a stupid question but i just thought I read some were that it would have a lil higher voltage without the plug. And one more question on the regulator itself it has one wire that need to be hooked up somewhere does this wire go to positive? I think it does but i just wanted to ask. And thanks mechman i love the alt it bolted straight on I just need i belt 2" bigger to make the job complete

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

what kinda vehicle is it and if its a 1 wire hook up on ya alt and yes the regulator should help with the voltage

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

what kinda vehicle is it and if its a 1 wire hook up on ya alt and yes the regulator should help with the voltage

UMM, yeah your voltage is going to be low, because the alternator can't charge without a regulator, LOL.

The wire on the regulator goes to a keyed ignition hot circuit capable of carrying 12 amps. This means that you need to run it to a wire that is only hot when the key is on. If you run it to a constant hot source, the alternator will stay on when the car is off, and will slowly drain the battery.

BTW- PMs or E-mails are a better way to get your questions answered.

Mech