Second Skin Audio

Anyone done a install............

megaboom

on a dodge megacab? just curious wanna start putting a system in there but just lookin for some ideas.....if ya have any throw them out.thanks :^

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

its a bish to get the right speakers done in the back, with out small mods. deck and doors easy, nice spot for subs, and amps under the back seat.

5x7s front door

5"- 5.25" very shallow, and shallow on the front side for the rear speakers

deck,  trim pops right off around the deck, then 4 8mm bolts I believe it is that hold the deck in, antenna adapter, dash kit, wire kit, easy install

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

thanks for the reply, yeah it is pretty easy for the deck and door speakers but the sub part is what im having trouble deciding on. im thinkin of takin out the little compartment area in the back and maybe doin 4 tens or a single 8 ported under the rear seat. im really trying to get the most output wihout having to go crazy and tear up everything, i really do like the sound of a ported over sealed though. as far as power goes i have an re12.1 so for what im lookin for i think i got enough, thanks again

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

As far as the bottom part of the enclosure goes, just covering the whole floor area with plastic drop sheets, or alum foil, tape it in place, and glass the bottom , to make a air tight mold is the way to go, ofcourse, a mdf trim around the whole glassing area,(whole area under the bench seat) you can  attached the glass/fleece too, so you have a full bottom mold. Then between that trim/molded piece there is still almost 3" to play with (maybe more) between the trim, and bottom of seat. So, thats a start, I dont have any pictures, but from there its pretty easy. I would probably keep it all resined, and wrap the top side with fleece, and make some trim rings for the subs to mount to, and . Its a pretty simple box, if you have glassing exp. A simple MDF top baffle is pretty easy to, just need to seal the air in the back side, but then you may be stuck to 10"s, unless you raise the baffle high enough to squeeze some 12s in there.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

glad i gots me some experts in here picking up where i cant help :D  Sounds like you know EXACTLY what your talking about.  I like that!  :^

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

As far as the bottom part of the enclosure goes, just covering the whole floor area with plastic drop sheets, or alum foil, tape it in place, and glass the bottom , to make a air tight mold is the way to go, ofcourse, a mdf trim around the whole glassing area,(whole area under the bench seat) you can  attached the glass/fleece too, so you have a full bottom mold. Then between that trim/molded piece there is still almost 3" to play with (maybe more) between the trim, and bottom of seat. So, thats a start, I dont have any pictures, but from there its pretty easy. I would probably keep it all resined, and wrap the top side with fleece, and make some trim rings for the subs to mount to, and . Its a pretty simple box, if you have glassing exp. A simple MDF top baffle is pretty easy to, just need to seal the air in the back side, but then you may be stuck to 10"s, unless you raise the baffle high enough to squeeze some 12s in there.

thanks again for all the info but i havent tackled a fiberglass project yet, ill see what i can figure and go from there . thanks for all your help though :^

Archived