Second Skin Audio

American Bass Dx 15'' Box Specs

ok so im sorta just guessin here. but the box is gonna be 30x15x45

made with 3/4 inch mdf.

so i should have an interior volume of 9.6cu ft.

should i just do one big port? like width=10'' height=5'' adn length=5.5''

in doin the box subs up port back. its in a suv. does that sound right? let me know pleeease. or should i do two seperate ports

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

9.6 cu. ft. is too much for a 15 inch you would look at around 3 to 5 cu. ft.

I haven't found any info for it too so i think not alot of people could help you, or maybe you need to w8 more then 5 hours to bump the thread.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 6 months later...

i have the dx 15's, i know if you port (or vent) the box you want 2 cubic feet box each, 4 cubic feet for 2 15's, and you want the vent to be outside the 2 cubic foot box dimensions, go to the12volt.com for calculators to choose slot port (which is best for these subs) length and width and at what frequency you would like to tune box to. these subs love to hit deep, excellent excursion in the 25hz to 65hz range, especially for the price, waaaayyy underrated subs.

i have the dx 15's, i know if you port (or vent) the box you want 2 cubic feet box each, 4 cubic feet for 2 15's, and you want the vent to be outside the 2 cubic foot box dimensions, go to the12volt.com for calculators to choose slot port (which is best for these subs) length and width and at what frequency you would like to tune box to. these subs love to hit deep, excellent excursion in the 25hz to 65hz range, especially for the price, waaaayyy underrated subs.

Archived