Numatik's Half Pipe Build Thread *UPDATED DAILY ALMOST DONE!!*

Hell yes!!! Watch out for the power lines though! Keep them pics coming! Man , I miss skating!

Im going to have PG&E come relocate those , cause that is damn sketchy!!

:rofl: .......pencil roll.. its not that hard just gotta comit to it and JUST DO IT.... lean forward but not to much...but i have seen plenty of people go down on them....lol

yep! dropping into large ramps is 80% in your head and 20% on your feet. commit!

Damn man, you're doing it definitely right. That's a damn good drill you got as well, my Dad got that same drill just recently it's a beast.

Anyway, enough on tools, are you going to build standing platforms on the tops there? Also what are you going to use as the final surfacing material? I remember we always used masonite, but I know there's a more durable material out there, but it's damn expensive. And I assume you'll put coping up there on the drop in edges?

Also what about paint? I don't know how yall's weather is, but down here I know none of my ramps lasted 4 months in the weather unless I painted them.

the side of the ramp is gonna be color matched to the house , but will have redwood beauty boards :)

dude that is my fav tool iv got except my welder. it charges fast, has hella power and its light as fuck! and the light is very useful, i would rate it 5 stars for sure

as far as the decks, on the side of the roll in im building a 5 foot deep deck that steps up to the rollin. Also a big part of this project is im building a multi level redwood deck that will take up the rest of this part of the yard with a outdoor kitchen, bar and kick it spot. Also to top it off I am going to have a beautiful set of redwood stairs leading up to the large deck of the halfpipe. then back down to the furthest QP. on the side closest to the house is only gonna be about 3.5ft.

On all my ramps I have always used masonite. as long as your ramp is level and bubble free it last a good 2-3 years before replacing. and at under 8$ a sheet it dosnt hurt the pocket like a 250$ sheet of 3'x10' skatelite or ramp armor

as for coping I wil be using 2.75in 120wall. it will stick 1/4in off the lip which is perfect cause u can still stick and pop off it

so how many ramps have you built in the past??

This is my 5th full halfpipe of my own that I have built, but I have also helped build a couple skateparks (old grand prix in natomas, and boardwild in woodland)

that shit makes me almost want to grab up a stick but then i remember i was 5 foot 2 and less than 150lbs last time i rode a 1/2. yea and i was 15... it all ended when i got a car

do it! i got lotsa brewskies too! ramp progress is moving along very quickly so i wont be surprised if the first sesh in in a month or so!

also dont worry, Im a picture whore everyone il keep posting them up!! thanks for all the replys!!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good deal, you definitely got your shit together my friend!

Man I'd say slap a coat of a flat, off-white paint on that entire structure and I'd bet you can get more than 2-3 years from it. I'm only saying flat off-white as I'm guessing a good color that won't attract in all that heat during the day when you're trying to skate.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Good deal, you definitely got your shit together my friend!

Man I'd say slap a coat of a flat, off-white paint on that entire structure and I'd bet you can get more than 2-3 years from it. I'm only saying flat off-white as I'm guessing a good color that won't attract in all that heat during the day when you're trying to skate.

I would, but the problem with painting masonite is then it no longerhas its slick/ not to slick and not to to sticky texture anymore. its hard to explain but masonite is forgiving enough to let yo go super fast without slipping, but if you do wish to do a liptrick with a revert or powerslide you can. with paint its a little to grippy and when you bail from way up its harder to take a nice slide on the knee pads.

I have heard of people using Spar Urethane, i might give that a try.... anybody used to the stuff on anything?

depending on wall progress..

im coming over this weekend then..

your number still the same?

ill drink the beers you can do some work..

haha

hey

i got the beer but il be puttin u to work!! lol i just have 1 more qp to frame thats smaller then the rest, then the rollin to be framed

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

i think ththe coping over hanging on a ramp that i was trying out is why i didnt take it back up when i was 22??? on the ramp i built as a teen the coping was almost flush so there was no hang-up as you came off the transition

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

i think ththe coping over hanging on a ramp that i was trying out is why i didnt take it back up when i was 22??? on the ramp i built as a teen the coping was almost flush so there was no hang-up as you came off the transition

That's how we used to do it too. I remember having a QP that didn't have any coping on the edge there and it just got torn up really quick.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

well back int he day there were 2 kinds of coping: pool coping which stuck out over 3" and no coping at all! lol i like the more modernized coping thats fairly large (in my case 2.75 OD) and sticking into the ramp 1/4in. this allows for good long grinds that are easy to latch onto, and when doing airs gives you more to pop off of since the ramp doesnt have any vert.

I was going to buid a vert ramp but I dont have adequete flat bottom to make it ride nice, so this is the largest mini ramp i could build. il still be pullin a good 3-4' airs tho :) il post lots of vids!!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

what are you gonna cover it with

the original plan was to to use masonite like i have in the past, however my girls coworker claims she has a hook on skatelite. if she does i will be using that. retail on skatelite is 250$ per sheet, and i need 18 sheets... so obviosuly i cant afford retail so i guess wel see how good of a price she can get me

sweet build man

thanx!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Archived