Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone, I just upgraded from a 93 cutty ciera to a 2004 Chrysler 300M (will have pics up one day). This is the first car I've bought, it's really nice.. Anyways this car has the navigation and 6 disc changer in it. It's basically fully loaded, has the controls on the steering wheel. Sirius radio also.. I kind of want to get a new set up I have had a system/aftermarket speakers basically all my driving life and now I'm going to a premium sound system in the chrysler.. has a lot of distortion even at bass 0 and such which is ok but I am not used to that.. The car is already amped I think.. Anyone know the possibilities for me to do? At the least I'd like to either upgrade/change out the speakers that are in there now and amp them, or put more power to them.. Then a small system to not put much strain on the electrical system. I don't REALLY want to work on the car, but I'm curious about what kind of things are out there that I can do. Thanks again

Edited by 93Cutty

Hey everyone, I just upgraded from a 93 cutty ciera to a 2004 Chrysler 300M (will have pics up one day). This is the first car I've bought, it's really nice.. Anyways this car has the navigation and 6 disc changer in it. It's basically fully loaded, has the controls on the steering wheel. Sirius radio also.. I kind of want to get a new set up I have had a system/aftermarket speakers basically all my driving life and now I'm going to a premium sound system in the chrysler.. has a lot of distortion even at bass 0 and such which is ok but I am not used to that.. The car is already amped I think.. Anyone know the possibilities for me to do? At the least I'd like to either upgrade/change out the speakers that are in there now and amp them, or put more power to them.. Then a small system to not put much strain on the electrical system. I don't REALLY want to work on the car, but I'm curious about what kind of things are out there that I can do. Thanks again

\

Cutty you sommamabitch you! Get the RF 360 or the JL cleansweep and you can retain your factory head unit and then get some bump in the back. So where the hell you been man. .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

car looks clean man time for some audio lol..

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

You could also go with an AudioControl LC8, basically a hopped up line out converter. 80 bucks too. Not quite as fancy as the 360 or cleansweep, but judging from what your saying, it could be right up your alley! We're using one in an install soon actually. Hopefully it'll work well.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Yeah, let me know how it goes.. It's weird, in the blue cutty I had everything from a 2 incriminator audio LI 12 setup on a directed 2400D at 4 ohm which only hit a 139.8.. but it was tuned to 25 so ya know.. to a 4 IA LI 12 wall on a directed 2400D @ 2 ohm.. never got to meter that set up.. basically going from a full out ground pounder to this is a big change.. but wow it's a nice change.. I'm happy with how it is right now.. but def. down the road I'd like to at least upgrade the interiors.. get some components, etc.. Playing the older BG and older Juvenile and old school jams on sirius is fun as hell :D