Made My Own Voltage Module Edit: Video And Pics Up

Nice build man, looks arent great as far as pics go, but hell its the "black box" you should sell them man call it the Volt Box or somthing lol. My question is this, if you have a stock alt does your little "block box" safely boost the charging voltage of the stock unit? I dont know shat about alts etc, but isnt the alt desgined to do a certain amperage etc? Perhaps a little info on what exactly it does, you can feel free to pm me, I dont want to know how to build it, just how it works really. I read the link an its good information, but as stated he said that link isnt what he did, so Im asking how HIS invention works.

I'm replying to this and this only here....fuck that shit. You can say what you will, call me a baby, a whiner whatever, but don't sit there and say i'm not fuckin smart enough to do it. I will NOT tolerate someone calling me an idiot or saying I can't do something when they know fuck all about me. I've built things that would blow your mind, and proven people like you wrong many times when I've been told that something CANNOT be done or it won't work.

so take that comment and shove it up your ass, if you were standing in front of me talking that shit I'd knock your fuckin block off..... But for now, I'll just talk shit over the computer because it seems like that's what I do best.

Despite whatever I've said here not once did I say the unit was shit, or knock this guys construction or skill..... I don't know him to say that, and I would expect that basic respect from anyone.

Dude what is wrong with you?seriously,did you not read what the mod said earlier?take your bitching elsewhere,you are clutering this thread with your "call me a baby, a whiner whatever" stuff.And why are you threatening people?go back to sleep and wake up on the opposite side of the bed...please

Here, I'll end the bickering and tell you what I 've been telling customers for years.

If you have an AD or CS series GM alt, go buy yourself a $.75 1 amp diode and solder it in-line in the sense wire on the alternator plug. It will boost the charging voltage accross the board .6 -.7 Volts. Want higher voltage? just double them up for another .6 - .7 volt increase

If you have a stock 3G or 4G Ford, go buy your self a 6 amp diode for $1.50 at radio shack and solder it in-line in the yellow sense/power wire on the alt plug for a .6 - .7V increase.

(high output versions using an aftermarket rotor will require (2) 6 amp diodes)

Now there's no more mystery. Enjoy.

Here, I'll end the bickering and tell you what I 've been telling customers for years.

If you have an AD or CS series GM alt, go buy yourself a $.75 1 amp diode and solder it in-line in the sense wire on the alternator plug. It will boost the charging voltage accross the board .6 -.7 Volts. Want higher voltage? just double them up for another .6 - .7 volt increase

If you have a stock 3G or 4G Ford, go buy your self a 6 amp diode for $1.50 at radio shack and solder it in-line in the yellow sense/power wire on the alt plug for a .6 - .7V increase.

im going to try that. but my alt does not use the sense wire.

Edit: make sure you bias the diode right

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i hate to be a bother, but if my toyota alt is a 3-wire, the colors are yellow, black, and red. having a 1 amp diode on the yellow wire, would it work?

tried the diode thing today, got some 3a silicone diodes which should have raised the voltage .6-.7 volts did nothing.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

You raise my voltage big guy :) Keep up the good work Stephen. Props to you to want to do something different, do the research on your own.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

skill I got, time to research and shit, I do not.... I work and have a family, so it takes a lot of that time away.

What does posting this sound like? if the guy wasn't trying to just brag then this post wouldn't exist..... cause thats all it is "look what I built and you can't"

what do you know about my level of skill.

It pisses me off that he just comes here and makes a post like this simply to say hey I did it and you can't. I'd love to build one and save myself $200 from MLA (don't forget conversion costs, Im Canadian)

So what is the point of this thread??? what exactly has it proved or accomplished?

will you stop your fucking crying...he made a thread showing what he made..doesnt mean hes bragging..hes showing what he made...i can understand why he doesnt wanna give his time and research away for no reason.

if i made something i woudlnt really want to show the "inner works"

ps a lot of your post lately have been real negative and a few of the members are getting annoyed with that...i say back off before you have some time off

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i hate to be a bother, but if my toyota alt is a 3-wire, the colors are yellow, black, and red. having a 1 amp diode on the yellow wire, would it work?

As far as I know or heard, Toyota's are different with voltage regulation. I think we're just screwed. If you find out otherwise, let me know.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived