Made My Own Voltage Module Edit: Video And Pics Up

Trying to figure out which wire is the sense wire for a CS130D. Im interested in trying this out to see how it works. Found a few diagrams but nothing is labeled well.

EDIT: found some good info for GM Guys here

http://oljeep.com/gw/alt/edge_Alternator_Theory.html

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here, I'll end the bickering and tell you what I 've been telling customers for years.

If you have an AD or CS series GM alt, go buy yourself a $.75 1 amp diode and solder it in-line in the sense wire on the alternator plug. It will boost the charging voltage accross the board .6 -.7 Volts. Want higher voltage? just double them up for another .6 - .7 volt increase

If you have a stock 3G or 4G Ford, go buy your self a 6 amp diode for $1.50 at radio shack and solder it in-line in the yellow sense/power wire on the alt plug for a .6 - .7V increase.

(high output versions using an aftermarket rotor will require (2) 6 amp diodes)

Now there's no more mystery. Enjoy.

in regards to the GM CS alts. I got a CS130D. When you say double them up, use 2 1 amp diodes or use a 2 amp diode? Also, which way should the diode be installed? Diodes always confused me for the most part as far as what to hook up where and what not. Im sure i could figure it out, id just hate to be wrong and fuck up my car. I wouldnt run my stock CS130D at an extra 1.2-1.4 but i was just wondering, 15-15.1V sounds nice tho.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

added a switch.

14.2-3 factory when the switch is "off"

15.2-3 when the switch is "on"

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I'm pretty interested about this diode thing with the GM alts.

what wire do you tap into?

and same with the double up is it 2 1amp diodes or a 2 amp diode?

its not didoes, that did not work for me. its 2 resistors making a "voltage divider"
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

its not didoes, that did not work for me. its 2 resistors making a "voltage divider"

if only i remembered all that from my circuits classes.. oh well i got the books somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

What about for Honda's?? Can I maybe add those diodes like mechman was saying, or does that not work??

Current build:

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Soundstream EQ

RF Components (5 1/4, 6 1/2, 6x9 x 2)

Two Fi-BTL 15's

One RF T1500-1bd Amplifier

T400-4bd

XS Power 608

XS Power D1200

Optima Yellow top 34

Soon to come:

Another RF T1500-1bd

HO Alt

1-6 more XS power 680

Team D.M.V

n1313997399_261991_8239-1.jpg

lol @ this dude...take a chill pill

and to stephen, good job man ;)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived