18" Omega In An Extended Cab Ranger.... With A Twist..

Thought y'all might like this.

One "stock" 1000 cranking amp battery up front, this ---> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17903_...EN+SK-BT60.html in the back, and a 200 amp Powermaster alt. And it never gets below 14 volts at the amp full tilt.

Equipment is:

Sub: Omega 18 d1

Amp: Hifonics bxi2608 wired at 2 ohms

All 1/0 wire

Powermaster 200 amp alternator (100 at idle)

And a ton of other stuff.

Box is 6.2 cubes tuned to 32 hz with 70 sq inches of port.

th_P5231048.jpg

Edited by Miles

That's actually flooring carpet like you would put in your house. We both work at a carpet store (where we are parked in front of) and we had it in stock so he said what the hell. Haha.

And I got the idea from I think it was the "RE XXX truck" with 8 12's. Before the balls were put in, the front of the bed was smacking the tool box so much that the spray on bed liner seperated from the front of the bed. And the cab was coming about half an inch from the bed when it was flexing pretty good. And of course it's always an attention getter at shows.

looks real nice. a word of advice though: secure the shag carpet around the port edges because it restricts airflow when its "flapping" like that.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

looks real nice. a word of advice though: secure the shag carpet around the port edges because it restricts airflow when its "flapping" like that.

Actually the carpet is cut back about 1/8" back from the port on all sides. It's just that it moves so much air the carpet still flaps even though it's not in the port.

And btw, this isn't my truck. I built the box and helped with the entire install, but it's not mine. This kid is actually going to Florida in a couple days so hopefully he'll be able to go to a few comps down there because I would really like to know what it meters. Compared to the last system with 2 18's walled off that did close to a 148, I would say this one does about a 146-147.

love the tennis balls to keep the flex down haha

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)