Heres the fomula to calculate how much your alt is putting out: AMPS * VOLTAGE = WATTS

In your case 140 (140 because 20amps is going to your lights and other electronics) * 14.4 (volts) = 2016 watts

Remember that 140 is max, your idle will be putting out less wattage too.

I think this is right :unsure:

Edited by mccanng

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Guest KyleCannon

Batteries only allow the voltage to be "cushioned" per say... the alternator is what keeps your voltage up... notice when you turn your car off and your car voltage is at 12.8-13? well thats the max voltage those batteries hold while no alternator is on... the alternator gives you 2+ extra volts on top of that so when you exhaust those 2 volts you're alt cannot produce more power so you're running on batteries... hence more batteries will help cushion the voltage but not increase the voltage... you want more voltage? you need a bigger, better alt. Batteries never hurt though.

For the record, look at my sig... then my vids on there as well... thats with one D2400 XS Power Battery at idle.

Edited by KyleCannon

If thats true why have alot of batteries like some do. im not doubting you but i dont fully understand that comment. because i bought a H/O at 200 amp and i have one battery and only a 2000 hifonics amp and my lights dim like crazy.

Clip Clip Clip

:help:

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Playing with the Oscope i was amazed at how much more the voltage would drop with the slightest clip. guarantee you can support that amp if you had the gain set properly

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

hey guys im still having voltage problems in the truck 2002 blazer 4dr with a 4.3L, right now i got a 160amp alternator(AD244 case) and 2 yellow top batteries everything in knu flex 0 guage, battery grounded thru the body and right on the frame in the back and a pro series MLA running at the 15.3 and if i turn the system up to 28 out of 35 the truck dimms HARD like into the 12s while im driving (gains set with a o-scope). im running a t20001bd(1ohm) and a t8004, and in the future im gonna be running 380c Viair compresser. . .

am i gonna need to replace the battery out back with something bigger or add a second alternator? any help will be appreciated

thx

UHmm, something there don't sound right. Where and what kind of 160 amp alternator you have? From what i heard the 2 yellow top batteries need to be charge before you hook it up. What size optima battery is it you have?