the 160 is an ad244 with a 160 stator in it from a local alternator shop, he put it on the alternator dyno machine thing and i saw it said like 165amp also the 2 yellow tops were charged b4 install and they are the D75/25 (8042-218) model

Does you alternator put out 165 at idle or do you have raise your RPM. If you experience bad low voltage then something's wrong with your install. IF must be some bad ground connections, wire, fuse, battery and etc. I did go back and double to check everthing install. By the way, the guy said it put 160 amp but did you saw exactly he said. Sometime i don't trust these local alternator shop.

Edited by Gotloud555

the 160 is an ad244 with a 160 stator in it from a local alternator shop, he put it on the alternator dyno machine thing and i saw it said like 165amp also the 2 yellow tops were charged b4 install and they are the D75/25 (8042-218) model

You have now identified your problem. I had a 200 amp alt built like that at a local shop that showed a little over 200a on his machine but it didn't put out crap at idle and after it got warm it lost power too.

Get a real HO alt (MechMan, Power Master, Ohio Gen etc...) and go with a 200-250 amp model with a overdrive pulley to up the idle output. A dual kit would be awesome but with what you have maybe not necessary. My air ride pulls around a 100a when the 4 viair 480's are running plus the system and batteries just covered up the problem til i could get the real HO alts in.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint