Sonic Electronix

Ok so I had 2 12" mtx audio thunder 4000 series. I blew one because they were both running way to much power And it was just a matter of time before one of them blew. Well I have one of the mtx subs left And I'm leaving it in the same box But with the blown sub out of it. And I think Im gonna keep the amp (jsut a small 200 watt rms amp) Which will max it out. IN the open chamber. But Here the thing with the Jl audio subs. There Dual voice coil. 4ohm. I first want to Know if any of you know the rms rating for these subs. Im just running a sony xplode 1000watt amp. (Its just a beater system daily driver and its my first system and I put most of my money towards My motocross and my motor upgrades for my truck). And The box they are in are sealed. And its a 2 chamber box each chamber is 1.5 cu. ft. So the box is made to the recomended size. And my mtx is so everythings spot on. Now I'm running 2 amps. And I got a Precision link farad Power cap. Im looking to hit about 140-141db's with this system. So If you guys think you can give me a guess at what IM gonna get would be cool. But Im guessing in an ext cab 94 dodge dakota I'll hit that. Idk Give me your opinion. I sitll am not home so I cant hook it all up so Tommorow Im going to and I'll try to get a video. I know its not that big of a system but I think it would be interesting. IDk.

Jensen Uv8 Head unit

1 12" Mtx Thunder Svc

2 12" Jl Audio W3D4 Dvc (both bridged)

1 Sony Xplode 1000 watt.

1994 Ext cab Dodge Dakota

My Daily ground pounder

Alright first of all, are you talkin about running both JL's and MTX and i believe that the JL's are 300 rms

Car: 2003 Lincoln Town Car

Subs: 2 MTX 8512-44

Amp: MTX TA7801

Power: Stock Alt/Battery

Wire: 0 Gauge Stinger Power/Ground

HU: Dual XDVD8181 7" Monitor

Other: 2 Farad Power Acoustik Power Cap

Automotive Technician at Bryden Motors, Beloit WI

If they are W3's not the W3V2's then thew will be very happy with about 300 watts each, unfortunately they love ported boxes and don't do too well in sealed. If you have the ability to build a box for them they will be plenty loud enough in your truck. JL even has specs on their website if you don't know how to design the box yourself, it does pretty well for a simple slot port box.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Well Im running both Jl's and 1 mtx . I want a ported box so much more because I dont really car about clean sound I listen to rap/hip and when i do listen to rock or other stuff I have a toggle switch for the remote wire. So I can toggle the amp's on and off.

Jensen Uv8 Head unit

1 12" Mtx Thunder Svc

2 12" Jl Audio W3D4 Dvc (both bridged)

1 Sony Xplode 1000 watt.

1994 Ext cab Dodge Dakota

My Daily ground pounder

Mixing subs is a big no no.

Car: 2003 Lincoln Town Car

Subs: 2 MTX 8512-44

Amp: MTX TA7801

Power: Stock Alt/Battery

Wire: 0 Gauge Stinger Power/Ground