Second Skin Audio

Second Skin - Factory Five Cobra Roadster

And a few shot after:

garyff5110Medium.jpg

garyff5111Medium.jpg

garyff5112Medium.jpg

garyff5113Medium.jpg

garyff5116Medium.jpg

We used 2 layers throughout the entire cockpit. Some spots have 3 layers.

Even though this is a convertible, this is going to be one solid sounding machine.

We can't do much about the wind noise, but the tire noise, engine heat and vibration control are all taken care of.

What is nice about sound deadening, is that the mind interprets it a few ways. The less squeaks, rattles and resonance we hear, the more our mind converts that lack of noise, in to a perception of strength. To the driver, the car will actually feel more solid, and will almost seem to hug the ground better.

It is really awesome how the mind perceived the differences, and a more stable and firm ride is just one of them.

Thanks so much to Gary for letting me work on his awesome car, and to McCabe for allowing me to make a mess of his shop for a while!

Also, thanks to you guys for reading this entire thread.

ANT

www.secondskinaudio.com

secondskin_468x60.gif

That is one sick Fuel Injected Straight axle! The corvette is just a classic beuty but that Cobra HOT DAMN! With that motor and suspension I see to much fun happening when its done lol. More pics please sir :)

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

That is one sick Fuel Injected Straight axle! The corvette is just a classic beuty but that Cobra HOT DAMN! With that motor and suspension I see to much fun happening when its done lol. More pics please sir :)

Sorry man..

No more pics.

The upholstery guy finished the Luxury Liner install.

Car is on the road now. I still need to check in with the owner and see how the interior turned out.

Maybe I will soon, and snap some pics for you all.

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

secondskin_468x60.gif

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for putting this up. now it make alot more sense. i see and have a better understand of how to install/use the dampening mats and the noise coating but what about the noise barriers? i saw that you had no time to do it your self, and the other guy will do it, but btw the dampening mats and the noise coating i cant imagin where the noise barrier would go.

can you do something with that next?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

The noise barriers go right over the top of the mats. You spray them with glue and glue them in place. Very easy and very effective.

thanks for putting this up. now it make alot more sense. i see and have a better understand of how to install/use the dampening mats and the noise coating but what about the noise barriers? i saw that you had no time to do it your self, and the other guy will do it, but btw the dampening mats and the noise coating i cant imagin where the noise barrier would go.

can you do something with that next?

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com