Sonic Electronix

exact fucking opposite for me

it all depends on the quality of said files...and bit rates...

Edited by Chubby Chaser

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

How is the ipod hooked up? cds can be burnt at different sound levels, just like some parts of the song is quieter than others. probably just a setting somewhere.

Damn wtf! I wish my cd's got louder. What kind of ipods do you guys have? My ipod nano doesn't get loud at all but my sister's touch rapes my cd and nano. How do you burn your cd at different settings to get it louder?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

when a song is recorded, it has a certain gain setting. albums like pink floyd's the wall are something like 13-17db quiter than say metallica's one.

when a song is compressed to mp3, its overall gain is usually increased due to the compression process.

programs like itunes will automatically reset the gains to an appropriate level when importing them(you'll see it call it "adjusting volume" or something), but files out there can vary a whole lot (something like 26db from loudest to quietest from what I've read on compression)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC