Sonic Electronix

my first system was a beast! 1989 ford tempo 2 door with no muffler with 2 15" RF Series 1's ( back when RF used the "R" in the diamond logo ) free air setup with the trunk screwed down and expanda-foamed all the holes in the trunk to seal it. Took out the back seats mounted the 2 Radio Shack 700 watt car amps ( like optimus or some crazy named amps that cost me 250 for both) had the same brand 2 channel amp running the front Radio shack door speakers from a no Name tape deck with 1 set of RCA outs. i used an extension cord for power wire too. dont let me lie though, those RF's made the front seats smack back and forth when u turned it all the way up . steering wheel shake and all. Sucks it was with Vanilla Ice , 69 boys, and Too Short. i think my buddy still has those 15's buried in his garage though.......im gonna look and see because i WILL find a use for them!

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

my first system was a 12" dayton audio subwoofer that my step brother gave me. he also gave me a dual brand 4 channel amp. i read up a bit and bought a sony bluetooth head unit, some kenwood 3 way speakers, a boss "3500 watt" amp, and the cheapest subwoofer box i could find. i got it dialed in by my inexperienced ear and thought it was the shit. i had never heard a system that wasnt stock at that point. then i heard 2 l7's in my brothers boat for a minute and was instantly aware i had a shitty system...

this is still the same system i have for the most part but now i know a lot more and have made it exponentially better. i have a nicer amp now (got it for my new dc xl 15 i just ordered) and i built a nicer box. the box was the biggest improvement. my sealed prefab box SUCKED. now i have the same sub in a 1.5ft ported box tuned to 34hz and that sub is twice as loud and hits a lot more notes. now it hits 135db! but now i am upgrading everything except the head unit.

2 12" Cerwin Vegas with single 4 ohm coils.. Powered by a Jensen 300w amp and a JVC head unit. And the woofers were in a sealed box..lol..

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

My very first install was a Sparkomatic shaft style mated to a prehistoric 3way booster pushing a pair of KLH house 10s. Oh, to be 17 and not give a fuck. My first system that wasn'y an absolute joke was a sony cassette deck pushing 2 Jensen 6x9s and an old Audio Art 200W on a pair of Kickers (the old ones with the yellow "kicker" on the dustcap). I wish I still had the AA. I also ran a Soundstream Reference 700S on some of the diamond plate Pioneer 12s for a while. Was tinkering with sub wiring one afternoon and I dropped one of the speaker leads onto the bare metal trunk floor (with the system on, like an idiot). It only pushed the subs out and held them there or pulled them in and held them after that. I'd do bad things to good people to have another one.

a rockford ps3 slim in a 1 cube sealed box i built myself, and a old kenwood 450W max amp...doesnt even say rms haha. i got that for free from a guy that got it for free. invested in a 90$ pioneer h/u from best buy and some jbl gto 628 6.5's all around. still got the sub and amp kickin around in my room. kept the 6.5's for my curent build.

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Mine was 2 DC level 4 XL 15s. In a ported box. Custom airbrushed with DC audio logo and smoke around it. 3 deca intimidator batteries. Ms audio hk4000d. Dual head unit. Not the best but sounds good. All powerbass speakers and tweeters. Mechman rhino 250a alt. still using it now. Hit 149 on music before new head unit and alt. hits so hard it broke my sunroof off the hinges

Archived