Mechman Alternators

A Little Mechman Feedback

So I sent my alt in to get dynoed a little bit ago, got the news that it wasnt exactly up to par, and I ordered one of Mechmans 250 amp alts. It got here and it looked great, I started to put it in the car are realized it had the wrong plug. I emailed Mechman and told him. He said there was a mix up and i got the wrong alt. He told me to just ship back the alt and I'd get the right one. So the next morning. i go out and bring in the wrong alt and set in on the table to tape it back up and take it to the ups store. I realized i forgot the tape, and went back in my garage to get it. I looked down and saw another ups box. I got confused for a sec, i was like i thought i just brought that inside. so i picked it up and brought it in. I had two alts. He next day aired my alt before I had even shipped the other alt back! Thats great service. If you get the chance get a mechman alt. if you already have a diff alt, send it in to get dynoed.

pics of the alts

the wrong one

P6020179.jpg

both alts

P6030184.jpg

new alt next to the stock

P6030186.jpg

Edited by fritosaregood

Hell yeah that is some customer service right there. Please give us some updates when you get it installed i'm anxious to see coming from another accord owner.

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Car: 1997 Honda Accord

Head unit: Alpine CDE-7870

Amp: 2 Sundown saz-1500

Battery: kinetik 1400 and 2400

Subs: 2 Audioque HD310 D2

Hell yeah that is some customer service right there. Please give us some updates when you get it installed i'm anxious to see coming from another accord owner.

Its installed now ill get pics of it in the car in a bit. It took a bit for me to get it in since its a large case alt. but i got it in, i havent notice any improvements to my system though, only because i havent had one in for a few weeks... its bummin me out, not even door speakers

Did you use any special belt (brand?/shorter?)

When I get mine I want to get the gates greenstripe(fleetrunner) like mechman suggests I just don't know if i'll need a shorter belt

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Did you use any special belt (brand?/shorter?)

When I get mine I want to get the gates greenstripe(fleetrunner) like mechman suggests I just don't know if i'll need a shorter belt

I had to get a shorter belt. the one i have is a autozone brand i think, its 1 1/4 inches shorter that the stock. i dont know where to get the one he recommends, i havent really looked for it though

You can get Gates belts at Oreillys auto parts but I think the greenstripe belt is special order.

I don't know how "all out" you are going on this system but over the years I got this picture from another other accord competitor if you put a cold air intake on your car you get a lil more battery room. I use a kinetik 1400 underhood what do you use?

DSC01154.jpg

Edited by Duaber

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

ive got an 1800 under the hood,

ill have to check there for the belt, but i really dont wanna have to mess with the alt again for a while haha.

ive got an 1800 under the hood,

ill have to check there for the belt, but i really dont wanna have to mess with the alt again for a while haha.

Install looks good!

Can't wait till you can do some burps at idle. The difference will be HUGE at idle between our unit and your last unit.

MAtt