sounds like it was the oil light... just check the damn dipstick and see if your low on oil or not....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

That my friend was completely uncalled for...

Seriously.

a little blunt, yes, but uncalled for? I dont think so. He bought a brand new car, should still have the manufacturers warranty. Took it to walmart, a fully insured shop. Something goes wrong, and he wants to take it to a frend's shade-tree mechanic dad. Unless his dad is a certified mechanic, he risks voiding his warranty. Not to mention numerous people tell him out right "take it to a dealer" yes he still asks whether he should take it to a dealer, or not...is that not stupid?

To the OP. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER!!!!!! If it's under factory warranty and the problem started when you took it to Walmart for an oil change, then either the dealer will be responsible for the repairs under factory warranty, or Wal-mart will be responsible under their warranty of workmanship. If neither cover it, then you're going to be paying the $1k.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Why is everyone so worried about taking their car to the dealership? We take both the Ex when it had the 16 12"s and the F-250 to the dealership for most of their work, never a problem...aftermarket alt, big ass whole cut in the cab/bed..never a big deal. Unless your system is causing the problem you should have nothing to worry about. We've had the alts go out in both under warranty and replaced and they each had the whole systems in there at the time. ;) In fact, had the alt in the 250 replaced right before we got the HO, so we have a brand new factory alt sitting in the garage.

Edited by Melissa

Why is everyone so worried about taking their car to the dealership? We take both the Ex when it had the 16 12"s and the F-250 to the dealership for most of their work, never a problem...aftermarket alt, big ass whole cut in the cab/bed..never a big deal. Unless your system is causing the problem you should have nothing to worry about. The alt went out in the Ex and they still replaced it under warranty, and it had the whole system in there at the time. ;)

exactly, people like to make big deals out of nothing

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I work with a guy that keeps saying as soon as the warranty is up in my minivan (mommyvan) :01nocomment8so: I want Bill to put a system in it. I tell him everytime he says it, why wait...and for some reason he thinks it will void his warranty. Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

I work with a guy that keeps saying as soon as the warranty is up in my minivan (mommyvan) :01nocomment8so: I want Bill to put a system in it. I tell him everytime he says it, why wait...and for some reason he thinks it will void his warranty. Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

GET HIM MEL! :girl_devil:

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

I don't take offense to what was Said, the issue wif the dealer is i wouldnt have my car until it was fixed, and to have a new car sitting on the street where my car is will concern my father, and cause a bunch of problems I don't need he's already constantly bustin his ass off at work since my moms been laid off for 6 months now he let me put the system in, after i did it wifout even tellin him he's delt wif it, but soon as it causes a "problem" he's gonna start ringing my neck, plus sum1 hit my car and that hasnt been fixed yet, and scratched it so yes, the dealer would be the smart thing to do, but i need my car 24-7. The oil isn't low I just had it changed, I didn't really have time to go back to walmart n tell them, Im a manager, i have a responsbility u know? The remote start works, the light is off, I appreciate all the good and bad feedback and realized that if I do get a serious situation I will take it to the dealer first thing. Her dad is certified & mechanic I never said he would fix it, just take a look at it so I could get an idea of what's wrong if anything. Anyways thanks all for the concern/discern I appreciate both.

I realize i have a bunch of coma's instead of periods but I typed this quick cuz I gotta go to work.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I don't take offense to what was Said, the issue wif the dealer is i wouldnt have my car until it was fixed, and to have a new car sitting on the street where my car is will concern my father, and cause a bunch of problems I don't need he's already constantly bustin his ass off at work since my moms been laid off for 6 months now he let me put the system in, after i did it wifout even tellin him he's delt wif it, but soon as it causes a "problem" he's gonna start ringing my neck, plus sum1 hit my car and that hasnt been fixed yet, and scratched it so yes, the dealer would be the smart thing to do, but i need my car 24-7. The oil isn't low I just had it changed, I didn't really have time to go back to walmart n tell them, Im a manager, i have a responsbility u know? The remote start works, the light is off, I appreciate all the good and bad feedback and realized that if I do get a serious situation I will take it to the dealer first thing. Her dad is certified & mechanic I never said he would fix it, just take a look at it so I could get an idea of what's wrong if anything. Anyways thanks all for the concern/discern I appreciate both.

I realize i have a bunch of coma's instead of periods but I typed this quick cuz I gotta go to work.

Im sure you can find time to take it to walmart or the dealer for gods sake. Walmart is open from like 7am to like 10, some even 24 hours. You can even take it to an advanced auto or autozone and they will read the code for you for free.