Sonic Electronix

Ok, I'm having trouble with my home surround sound when it comes to cable. I have an optical cable which works for DVD's and so forth, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work for cable. There's no optical cable input on my TV, but there is an S-Video cable. Is that what I need? I've tried multiple varieties of hooking up my RCA's. I can also provide pictures if necessary to help. My damned home audio always confuses the shit out of me and it's probably something simple I'm just over looking.

Thanks. :R

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

the optical cable is only for a dvd player if i'm not mistaken.  as far as your cable line, hook it to your cable box then to your TV, if no cable box is present then hook it straight to your TV.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You will have to use the S-video. Remember that your optical cable will only carry sound not video same as your s-video will only carry picture not sound.

You really wouldn't want to waste the time of tring to get great sound ( optical ) to your tv when it should be the receiver that would benefit from it.

What you will need to do is run your S-video from the cable box to the tv and also run a set of audio cables from the cable box to the tv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Guest 90accordman

there should be an audio out on your tv which you can plus into the reciever, may be just RCA's or if your lucky it will have an optical output either way thats what you need to hook to the reciever, if your TV doesnt have an audio out, you can make it work by unning it through a VCR

Archived