Building A Badass Pc, Ideas Please

i was thining somewhere around 300 for the built pc as well.

the mac idk either, again idk why the F i bought it...i dont care to ever use another one in my life either. hardware in it is good, i just think they're too expensive for what your getting, and i really dont like the OS.

i live in Tampa

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My personal opinion on sound cards...Overrated anymore. Yes there is a difference, but the mobo sound is just as good. I'm a big gamer and dont use a sound cards anymore. If you can wear headphones and notice a HUGE difference, then your mobo sound card is bad. The mobo your looking (asus) at is baddass BTW. i7 is the way to go, but I would have waited until the end of the year for when the i5 comes out(i think its around then) and then bought the i7...prices will drop. Also then you can go with windows 7 and utilize your memory.

Either way, good luck with it.

Again, sound cards..just my .02 I'm not saying the mobo is better, just not a huge enough difference to waste the money. (depending on your mobo)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

My personal opinion on sound cards...Overrated anymore. Yes there is a difference, but the mobo sound is just as good. I'm a big gamer and dont use a sound cards anymore. If you can wear headphones and notice a HUGE difference, then your mobo sound card is bad. The mobo your looking (asus) at is baddass BTW. i7 is the way to go, but I would have waited until the end of the year for when the i5 comes out(i think its around then) and then bought the i7...prices will drop. Also then you can go with windows 7 and utilize your memory.

Either way, good luck with it.

Again, sound cards..just my .02 I'm not saying the mobo is better, just not a huge enough difference to waste the money. (depending on your mobo)

OK, I do not want to start an "E-Fight" but I dis-agree with you on your post. Add on sound cards like the PCIe Titanium XF-i is 100000000000000000000000000000% better in every aspect compared to motherboard "CODEC" sound with is 100% software emulated, enough said on that. i5 WILL NOT BRING THE PRICE DOWN ON i7, WHY WOULD IT? If i5 was to compete in the same class of i7, then it would drive the prices lower, but WHY WOULD INTEL release yet another AMD killer and have it compete with its own cpu? Come on bro, i5 is clearly for the "MAIN-STREAM" market, where as i7 will be "HIGH END" until core i9 comes out early next year (FEB/MAR I believe)

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

To be completely honest, I think the i5 is going to be a dell/hp etc chip. I don't see people buying it over the i7 and when it comes to anything these days, its cost. The i7 will have to come down in price and by the time the i5 releases will be about the time prices will start to come down. Time will tell, but its been that way with all the other cpus. The change of the mobo sockets are odd as well.

with the release of i9 in Feb I believe and the updated i7..which will probably get delayed as usual and the i5 in novemberish (??) the current i7 will come down in price around Christmas. The i9 is just retarded nuts. I wont even look at one. I wont be able to afford it just from what I have read.

http://www.techpowerup.com/97604/Details_o...ed_Core_i9.html

I think the better question is, why would you bring out the i5 after the i7? Still confused by that. Have you heard of the price on the i5 yet? I dont recall you listing it above.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,669873/...ynnfieldx/News/

Not going to argue sound(haha all this on a car audio site). I said IMO. I just think its a waste of money. Now if you can afford it go ahead, but make sure you don't lack on anything else in your build. No sense in having a badass sound card and lack in one other area...like memory, vid cards (SLI) etc. I have a nice sound card, but I also plug my tv into my computer so I can watch blu ray off of it..surround sound as well. For my gaming/ personal pc..screw that. LoL..its all an IMO though.

Hey side note..did you check those websites out? You want more or you not looking to go that direction???

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Your wasting your money on that 1000w psu you wouldn't need anything over 650 or 700 for that. I only run 850 have the asus p6t, intel i7 920 at 3.6 on air, ocz ddr3-1600, 2 wd raptor 300gb in raid 0, and 2 gtx 280's. You wouldn't need anything more then 900 unless your running quad gpus

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

To be completely honest, I think the i5 is going to be a dell/hp etc chip. I don't see people buying it over the i7 and when it comes to anything these days, its cost. The i7 will have to come down in price and by the time the i5 releases will be about the time prices will start to come down. Time will tell, but its been that way with all the other cpus. The change of the mobo sockets are odd as well.

with the release of i9 in Feb I believe and the updated i7..which will probably get delayed as usual and the i5 in novemberish (??) the current i7 will come down in price around Christmas. The i9 is just retarded nuts. I wont even look at one. I wont be able to afford it just from what I have read.

http://www.techpowerup.com/97604/Details_o...ed_Core_i9.html

I think the better question is, why would you bring out the i5 after the i7? Still confused by that. Have you heard of the price on the i5 yet? I dont recall you listing it above.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,669873/...ynnfieldx/News/

Not going to argue sound(haha all this on a car audio site). I said IMO. I just think its a waste of money. Now if you can afford it go ahead, but make sure you don't lack on anything else in your build. No sense in having a badass sound card and lack in one other area...like memory, vid cards (SLI) etc. I have a nice sound card, but I also plug my tv into my computer so I can watch blu ray off of it..surround sound as well. For my gaming/ personal pc..screw that. LoL..its all an IMO though.

Hey side note..did you check those websites out? You want more or you not looking to go that direction???

Once again, your thinking bout i5 being a DELL/HP chip is completely moronic. Asus/GB/DFI have already finished their boards and lets see......People like me have already recieved them for testing. (I haven't gotten one, I just didn't have time to do this, this time around.) I dont know where you get your thinking from man. Before you thought i5 was going to drive the i7 prices down, now your thinking i5 is going to be a DELL/HP only CPU.......Damn that is funny. SKT1156 (Which if you know what your talking about) is i5 will be a great desktop performer for those of us that dont want throw out 300+dollars for a motherboard, and 300 for a CPU, and 200 for triple channel mem (although mem prices are falling everyday)

Are you going to reply again, perhaps with more of your useful information? Stay out of this thread, if your only intent is to keep repeating your wrongful and stupid information.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

i know i could have got a cheaper PSU but i just went with the 1k so in the future i have play room to upgrade. and its modular so thats a plus.

as far as the CPU's go, if i wait for the i5 to come out and even if the i7 does drop in price, if i wait that long, ill end up wanting to "spend a little more" and get something better than the i7 (which may be out by the time the i7 prices drop) so im just gonna say F it, order the i7 and everything now, and this PC will be good for years. ill prally get into a little gaming as well, i never really cared about it but never really got into it much so i dont know whats out there.

anyways, the case, hdds, and psu should be here soon, ill post pics of that when they get here

Archived