:( Just Got A Window Tint Ticket

Well me and a buddy were going into town to meeting up with some friends. On the way there we passed threw this small town. I was sitting at this stop sign and saw a sherrif or state patrol come around the corner. While he was making the corner he just stared at me the whole time.. As he passed i took my right and my friends like "your gona get pulled over" and sure enough here he comes. Cop pulled me over and was like "do you know why i pulled you over" I was like " i honestly have no clue." He goes on to tell me that my tint was WAY to dark and that my windshield was illegal.

Now i know he was right and everything its just if i remember reading the whole laws that window tint is a Secondary Offence meaning that they have to pull you over for something else prior to adding the tint to the ticket. So instead of giving me a warning or fix it ticket he gives me a citation saying "GO TO COURT" He went on and on about how my windows the way they are, are an obstruction of my view. No they are not!!! I have driven in front, aside, behind all types of law enforcement. None of them did nothing about it... up until this p.i.t.a cop. Ive also crossed 3 state lines without no issue

Truck: Blazer xtreme (white) 5% all around 28% on full windshield.

Sorry about my rant but i just had to say something.. So what are your guy's opinion of the situation. Sounds like he got me on a technicality. Should i just take it off get the ticket over with an then put it back on later or... discuss.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cops can and will pull you over for window tint alone. most of the time they wont though. but you said it, small town. a small town is the only place i was ever pulled over for my tint. it's usually cheaper to pull the tint off and have the ticket dropped, then retint. thats what i did

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

cops can and will pull you over for window tint alone. most of the time they wont though. but you said it, small town. a small town is the only place i was ever pulled over for my tint. it's usually cheaper to pull the tint off and have the ticket dropped, then retint. thats what i did

yeah since it was a small town i bet they were just bored or about to go off shift or trying to make their quota for the night. The thing is i live in a small town and dont see any problem where i live.. This cop was just passing by and decided to be a fv<king pain in the a$$. Weird thing was..there was no price or anything on the citation... just told me to go to court so i duno guess ill find out

I got pulled over THREE seperate time for JUST tint violations.

Take off the tint, or pay the fine. It's that simple.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

this... same thing happened to me. just take off the tint, take pics with the date, and write a letter of apology to the DA's office. ticket should get dropped. if you must go to court, sign up on the list to spea w/ the DA, so you have to go infront of the judge.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

I got pulled over THREE seperate time for JUST tint violations.

Take off the tint, or pay the fine. It's that simple.

im sure ill probably just get slapped with a fine at court.. probably just pay that and be done.

Well me and a buddy were going into town to meeting up with some friends. On the way there we passed threw this small town. I was sitting at this stop sign and saw a sherrif or state patrol come around the corner. While he was making the corner he just stared at me the whole time.. As he passed i took my right and my friends like "your gona get pulled over" and sure enough here he comes. Cop pulled me over and was like "do you know why i pulled you over" I was like " i honestly have no clue." He goes on to tell me that my tint was WAY to dark and that my windshield was illegal.

Now i know he was right and everything its just if i remember reading the whole laws that window tint is a Secondary Offence meaning that they have to pull you over for something else prior to adding the tint to the ticket. So instead of giving me a warning or fix it ticket he gives me a citation saying "GO TO COURT" He went on and on about how my windows the way they are, are an obstruction of my view. No they are not!!! I have driven in front, aside, behind all types of law enforcement. None of them did nothing about it... up until this p.i.t.a cop. Ive also crossed 3 state lines without no issue

Truck: Blazer xtreme (white) 5% all around 28% on full windshield.

Sorry about my rant but i just had to say something.. So what are your guy's opinion of the situation. Sounds like he got me on a technicality. Should i just take it off get the ticket over with an then put it back on later or... discuss.

He probably wouldn't have even pulled you over if you hadn't had the windshield tinted.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

If you tint your car its a risk of getting a ticket if you dont abide by your local tint laws. my tint is lower than our state limit of 35% but i kept my front strip at the asi line and have been pulled over 3 or 4 time for tag cover being to dark,speeding 10 over,music, and have never had a question about my tint and talked my way out to warnings for the offenses.its kinda all how you play it when you get pulled, be humble and sometimes they will cut you a break , act like an ass and 9 times out of ten get ready to come out your pockets.

American Bass*DC Power

BTW, if you're lucky you can probably get away with just removing the two front windows tint, and windshield and be legal. Check your state law.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived