Sonic Electronix

hmm. sound like its a broken wire or the deck

*sigh*

With the tools at home, I did end up stripping down the door panel and I found the problem...

Apparently, there is a crack in the cone surface.

I'm very disappointed.

It seems as though I might have to have a talk with one of my employees.

Anyhow...

I figured out the problem with the limited tool supplies I had lying around in my toolbox.

Thank you all for trying to figure out the problem with me.

Reason I didn't want to strip down the door panel first is due to the fact that I am moving, all my tools were packed away, and I went through 1 hr. of searching through boxes to find my tools... (I was getting agitated with the "crackling" noise coming from the passenger so I decided to look for my tools.)

Well... now it's all about the product problem.

I just got the speaker last week, at most, 5-6 days ago, do you think the Acura Dealership will replace it, or will they charge me extra for the broken speaker?

Which I find quite ridiculous, but, that's life.

Edit://

THe main problem though is... when I first turned it on, everything was fine... and then next thing you know... there's a crack.

Do you possibly think, besides the installing the door panel back, that there could be some other explanation why there may be a crack?

Edited by dbqkqh

Sometimes even if its brand new, it can be defective. So, if your brand new speaker has a crack, it mightve got past inspection and wound up in your door!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Sometimes even if its brand new, it can be defective. So, if your brand new speaker has a crack, it mightve got past inspection and wound up in your door!

Yeah, that's what I am scared of.

Because it became defective so easily, I'm not sure whether or not Acura will allow me to get a replacement.

However, I do feel like they may take into consideration that I work in a professional establishment of working with automobiles body and parts, that they may recognize the speaker they gave us possibly was a defect.

^ That is a theory I'm hoping the Acura people would take into consideration.

Anyhow, anybody has any thoughts or ideas whether or not they will replace the speaker?

(Can't currently call them at the moment, the parts services are closed and got to head out to church.)

Its a known fact, that if a reputable dealer sends or sells a defective product, they should and do in good faith replace the defective part free of charge, you just send the defective part back. Example, i bought a Blue Ray DVD player that stopped playing, i called the company and they sent me out a brand new one from the company with paid shipping on the return of the defective one. Its not car audio but it just gives you an idea on where im going with this.

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Its a known fact, that if a reputable dealer sends or sells a defective product, they should and do in good faith replace the defective part free of charge, you just send the defective part back. Example, i bought a Blue Ray DVD player that stopped playing, i called the company and they sent me out a brand new one from the company with paid shipping on the return of the defective one. Its not car audio but it just gives you an idea on where im going with this.

That sounds very promising.

And I do understand what you are trying to say.

But for some unknown reason, my mind keeps thinking that the Dealer will say something like, "You guys made that crack, you pay for the damages and we will give you another one."

I don't know why...

I guess it's because it is my first time dealing with speakers and their issues that I'm not familiar with the whole procedure.

If I had like... my iPod defective, I can easily talk my way into getting it replaced A.S.A.P

Or any other electronics besides speakers.

Just letting you guys know that because I don't want you guys thinking I'm annoying asking too many questions about a "speaker".

First time, and it came with many issues, unfortunately. Nice first experience, eh?