Sonic Electronix

Ok, so I've had previous posts about speaker and subwoofer problems. Well, I did manage to find a solution for both of them.

The problem is, when I replaced my passenger door speaker with a NEW speaker, all of a sudden the speaker is distorting.

I haven't had a chance to strip the door panel yet (the tools are at my shop, closed weekends) but when I installed it, it was a clean installation.

Afterward, when I tested the sound before setting up the panel back on, everything was clear and precise, I had all the functions back to normal.

But yesterday driving back home, I decided to turn on the radio.

(I'm having my subwoofer replaced, so decided not to listen to my tracks and turned off the sub controls)

Next thing you know, there's a minor distortion going on coming from the same passenger door speaker.

Could there possibly be some kind of wiring damage that can cause such distortion?

I'm asking this question because I do not have any experience with wires, but I can easily take apart a car.

I'm planning sometime soon to check on the speaker during the weekdays, but for now, I'm wondering if there are possibility of wiring damages.

Information:

- Stock Speakers

- Stock headunit

I ordered stock speakers from Acura (I get discounts) to replace the blown out speaker. Even with a new speaker, there's still distortion going on.

Please help.

I'll provide any necessary information when requested upon.

Thank you for your time.

did the wires in the speaker plug feel loose at all?

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

ok so it didnt distort at first and now it does? what car?

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

hmm, so everything is factory, even speaker size?, just a simple unscrew, unplug, then plug in new one n screw in new one kinda deal? did u mount the speaker exactly as it came out? cause some companies dont leave nere enough speaker wire in the door to work with n it might of came loose when u put the door pannel back on but i dnt think that will be it, did the door pannel accidentally hit the speaker? or maby speaker amp going bad, im not sure about this but if everything is factory then they cant be to much go wrong with it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

What were the original issues that you were having with the wires?

Ok, so I've had previous posts about speaker and subwoofer problems. Well, I did manage to find a solution for both of them.

The problem is, when I replaced my passenger door speaker with a NEW speaker, all of a sudden the speaker is distorting.

I haven't had a chance to strip the door panel yet (the tools are at my shop, closed weekends) but when I installed it, it was a clean installation.

Afterward, when I tested the sound before setting up the panel back on, everything was clear and precise, I had all the functions back to normal.

But yesterday driving back home, I decided to turn on the radio.

(I'm having my subwoofer replaced, so decided not to listen to my tracks and turned off the sub controls)

Next thing you know, there's a minor distortion going on coming from the same passenger door speaker.

Could there possibly be some kind of wiring damage that can cause such distortion?

I'm asking this question because I do not have any experience with wires, but I can easily take apart a car.

I'm planning sometime soon to check on the speaker during the weekdays, but for now, I'm wondering if there are possibility of wiring damages.

Information:

- Stock Speakers

- Stock headunit

I ordered stock speakers from Acura (I get discounts) to replace the blown out speaker. Even with a new speaker, there's still distortion going on.

Please help.

I'll provide any necessary information when requested upon.

Thank you for your time.

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com

ok so it didnt distort at first and now it does? what car?

Yeah, after I installed it first time, I checked to see if sound would produce, and may I add that it sounded perfectly, I couldn't have been more satisfied. So afterward, I replace the door panel, screw everything back in, and tested the speaker just to make sure everything was ok. Everything was good to go. And all of a sudden, driving back home after work, my speaker just started to distort.

I drive a 2004 Acura TL

The speaker the Acura dealer gave me was probably one of their newest mods of some sort.

But overall, still had the regular factory components:

20 watts RMS

2 way

But just a different model number.

hmm, so everything is factory, even speaker size?, just a simple unscrew, unplug, then plug in new one n screw in new one kinda deal? did u mount the speaker exactly as it came out? cause some companies dont leave nere enough speaker wire in the door to work with n it might of came loose when u put the door pannel back on but i dnt think that will be it, did the door pannel accidentally hit the speaker? or maby speaker amp going bad, im not sure about this but if everything is factory then they cant be to much go wrong with it

Yeah, simple plug in the new procedure that I underwent.

I did mount the speaker exactly as it came out and if I may add that it was very simple process, the speaker just fit in without any trouble.

I can assure safely that I did not hit the speaker with the door panel accidentally, due to years of experience, but however, I do plan on checking up as soon as monday.

The speaker amp is a new 2008 factory amp that I replaced with the old factory amp due to the fact that I had warranty.

Yeah, and I'm in the same boat as you, EVERYTHING is factory, the only thing I added is a mono amp powering a 300watt RMS single 12" subwoofer.

And to install it, all I simply did was connected some cables from the factory sub outlet into a line out converter box.

What were the original issues that you were having with the wires?

Not necessarily wires issue, sorry if I worded that weirdly.

But currently some issues involve:

the sub just not producing much bass as it use to - solution: under warranty, getting a replacement over the weekend.

and the other one was basically the current issue right now: replacing the passenger door speaker.

I only ask about wiring information because that is a field in which I am not familiar with, as I work with auto parts on vehicles, but because of my enthusiasm for bass, I wanted to install a subwoofer into my car.

I do look forward on learning more about speakers.

Edited by dbqkqh

just the one speaker? im gonna guess u tested with the door open.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

just the one speaker? im gonna guess u tested with the door open.

Yes, I only replaced the passenger door speaker.

I tested it open/closed, with/wiithout door panel. I was trying to ensure the performance of the new speaker would operate regularly.

hmm. sound like its a broken wire or the deck

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056