2000 Durango 5.9L have replaced the fucking clutch twice now and it still remains on at all fucking times, its rather annoying Because all i hear is the fucking WOOSH of the damn fan spinning out of fucking control, Any way to fix this or any suggestions on a couple of good electric fans to use, I thinking two flex-lites on a switch, But would rather just fix the damn clutch fan and call it a day, Is there something im missing with this, Cuz both times i have removed the water pump and taken the clutch and fan off like that. How does this thing know when to turn on and off is it fused, is it electrical at all, I have no clue and am thoroughly annoyed with it.

Any input would be great.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

TTT really wanna figure this out.

1 Dc lvl5 18

the clutch fans I believe use a fluid inside the clutch that adjusts the fan blades based on the heat of the engine(bay), at the same time it also "grabs" onto the shaft more so the fan will spin faster when it's hot.

afaik they should always be "on", just when it's cold you could stop it with your hand (Disclaimer for all: don't try that, it's a figure of speech, if your stupid enough to stick your hand in a running fan you don't deserve the hand)

I don't know if this helps you, but it shouldn't be running at full speed all the time.

afaik they should always be "on", just when it's cold you could stop it with your hand (Disclaimer for all: don't try that, it's a figure of speech, if your stupid enough to stick your hand in a running fan you don't deserve the hand)

haha priceless and yea i know it shouldnt be on all the time, im just wondering if its something internally screwed on these things or the fact that when i replaced the original the fan had already gone through my radiator and bent the hell out of the blades which is causing it to stay on all the time, Cuz my truck never gets over 160 because its always on, But it never sees better than 12mpg either. Its just killing me on the gas end but i love my durango and would hate to get rid of it but if i cant get a little better gas mileage

1 Dc lvl5 18