i have a 94 s10 blazer with a 4.3 vortec in it. the motor is locked up from sitting for a year and i was wondering if yall new any tricks to free it up. ive been told that i need to take the plugs out and spray some pb blaster or some marvel mystery oil in. has anyone ever tried this or know another way of doing it? ive already tried to turn the crank with a breaker bar, it wont budge, i took the belt off and all, nothing.

www.3rdcoastcustoms.net

i've already tried to turn the crank with a breaker bar, it wont budge
damn, that was going to be my suggestion. Good luck man. Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

i know the previous owner, he bought it brand new in 94. its never been run hot or anything to cause it to seize up. so im guessing its just some of this good ole louisiana moisture. i took the plugs out and put some marvel mystery oil in. ill let it sit for a couple of days then ill try again.

www.3rdcoastcustoms.net

hit the starter solenoid with a hammer...

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

drain the oil and put a few quarts of transmission fluid and let it sit for a couple of days. then drain it and see if its good. a budy and i did that with his corolla and that worked nicely

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

do the oil down the spark plugs and try that other wise it's fucked

it will smoke like a mother fucker when you start it also make sure you don't put to much in or you will hydrolock the motor

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

do the oil down the spark plugs and try that other wise it's fucked

it will smoke like a mother fucker when you start it also make sure you don't put to much in or you will hydrolock the motor

before i try to start it im gonna turn it with a breaker bar (if i can) and let it get most of the oil out.

www.3rdcoastcustoms.net

Not sure how this will work on a car..but a guy I know works on very old tractors. He has one that was mainly rusted together and poured white vinegar down the cylinder and let it soak for a couple days. Use a breaker bar until it starts moving..make sure it is all drained out and pour it back up with oil. You will most likely need to prime it with oil before you try to start it.