Sundown Audio

Rockford vs. Crunch vs. Lanzar?

kryptonite

Don't rush into buying piece of crap amplifier (Lanzar Opti4000D), because you can most likely find a used Saz 3000D for 500-600. I wouldn't do a rockford T4000BD unless your electrical is really up to par, if it is not you'll end up damaging the sub and the amp.

you have no idea what you are talking about that lanzar is an awesome amp

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

you have no idea what you are talking about that lanzar is an awesome amp

I wouldn't purchase anything from Lanzar

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U

I wouldn't purchase anything from Lanzar

me neither. their opti line may not be bad, or even may be pretty good, i just wouldnt buy from them. unless i had a HELL of a deal. i've seen people here run them tho with no problems. and are very happy.

Just wondering, but why doesn nobody ever suggest AQ amps? They are reasonably priced, never heard anyone complain about them. I havent owned one yet, but ive heard a few AQ setups at a local comp. Asked the owners of the cars how they liked AQ and they had nothing but good things to say about the subs AND the amps.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

The Opti 4000D is a damn good amp. I tell you what, for all of you haters, let's just call it a Soundstream XXX-6500D. Same amp, regulated power supply.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Just wondering, but why doesn nobody ever suggest AQ amps? They are reasonably priced, never heard anyone complain about them. I havent owned one yet, but ive heard a few AQ setups at a local comp. Asked the owners of the cars how they liked AQ and they had nothing but good things to say about the subs AND the amps.

People do, just not as often. This forum is big on Sundown, DAT, and Rockford. For good reasons too. DAT was started by people on the forum, Sundown has tons of teammates on here and are VERY active on here, and Rockford is big with Meade. All are great, underrated, and have good customer service. Doesn't mean others like AQ are bad, but they are definitely more prevalent here.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

The Opti 4000D is a damn good amp. I tell you what, for all of you haters, let's just call it a Soundstream XXX-6500D. Same amp, regulated power supply.

Okay I am not a Lanzar hater, I have owned the Lanzar 2500, 6200 & 50C (All Optidrive amps and back before Pyramid, I think that's who owns them now) and I can honestly say those amps were 10X the amps these new ones are. If I can dig up some old pics I will post some of some old setups I 've done with Lanzar power, I can honestly say the new amps don't impress me. Normally I don't comment on opinion threads unless I have firsthand experience and I do with Lanzar and Crunch. As a matter of fact I used to compete for a former local shop called Audio Options and I would take Lanzar's old equipment any day of the stuff they make now.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

The Zen stuff was tops. The newer stuff isn't bad at all, it's still underrated, and I even bought one of the brand new Opti Scion 4 channels and am loving it.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Archived