Sonic Electronix

HDMI Input on a car audio amp

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so you are going to run two monitors off a ion that has 9400m. Good luck. What are the resolutions and inputs on the monitors?

I checked the realtek audio chipset on that mobo, it has analog outputs that go up to 3.3v.

777319156.png

Thats what the ION is designed to do. Running the video output in clone mode, as opposed to a dual monitor mode wont slow video rendering. I know the video/pc part of this, I came here to ask if there was an amp, that has an HDMI input, if not, is there someone who can make one for me.

The purpose of the build is to generate buzz about the Car PC, which by the time I build this there should be a PICO model out which is a little bigger than a laptop hard drive will do HD video.

If someone sees an HDMI input on an amp, dont you think they'd ask more questions about the products? The point is to have someone no one else has, or has done before, and I've never seen a full system that doesnt have any RCA's on it. I'm looking to use new technology, not cables that have been around for 20+ years.

I know what clone mode is; I am not sure if those two monitors you might buy in the future will have the same resolutions. Most advanced home theaters still use individual rcas to get the signals from the preamp to the amps.

777319156.png

I am actually a computer geek too. Just wanted to make sure you were on the same page.

As far as using HDMI on car audio amps is retarded. An someone won't put in the R&D just to make a special amp for you. They'll most likely tell you to use an amp that has RCA's or Optical ins and outs.

HDMI is now becoming the all in one type cable, more viable for home uses. Since the upcoming HDMI will include Ethernet.

777319156.png

As far as using HDMI on car audio amps is retarded.

Look, I didnt ask if it was retarded, sane, easy to do, or made sense. Some would say that having a car stereo that can hit 150+ db's is retarded, thats not the point.

I'f there's an amp that has just plain optical in, point me in that direction, I'd be happy to look at it. The arc audio one ray posted looked like it required a separate signal processor to turn the optical signal into RJ45 for the amp.

The reason I think it is retarded for car audio amps. Is it was primarliy designed to carrry high res video.

Ray will point you to these amps. They will most likely be high end sq amps, that will cost you thousands. Such as audison.

777319156.png

Archived