:: spl4life's 97' Toyota T-100 aka IceBox :: My First Real Build *update Pg.5 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp is in!!!*

You are friggin nuttz! Cuttin glass damn near nekkid! You must itch like a mofo man. That is some good wood work man. I'm sure it's gonna hurt.

I learned that too the hard way back in the day. :)

Looks good! I would carpet it. That's just me. Oh the low end carnage a t line and level 5!?!? PSH!!!!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Would not tin your speaker wire like that adds resistance.... tried it on my wire and my amp would not even get close to the power it was rated at.

Thanks for the heads up Stephen, I think I need a new DMM, because my cheapo one didn't even notice a resistance change. Unless I was testing it wrong, how would I test that?

You are friggin nuttz! Cuttin glass damn near nekkid! You must itch like a mofo man. That is some good wood work man. I'm sure it's gonna hurt.

Posted Image

Yes, I'm the crazy naked guy cutting glass, it's never bothered me to much, LOL. Everyone said it's terrible for itching even my dad and when I started workin' with it, I was like where's the itch? I've been working with glass for about 6 months and had no trouble.

I look like Gollum from LOTR in that picture, xP

BTW, guys I haven't heard to many loud vehicles yet, but this thing blurrs my vision pretty bad and last time we cranked it up I had a headache after. Maybe I'm a pussy to loud systems, but to me this shit is LOUD. Haha, The Stinger volt meter has that jumping numbers effect when hes slamming.

Thanks for the heads up Stephen, I think I need a new DMM, because my cheapo one didn't even notice a resistance change. Unless I was testing it wrong, how would I test that?

maybe it was just the solder i was using...

Just put a lead on each side of the wire. post what you get here

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Bare wire leads = .0001

Tinned wire leads = .0001

I tested it before I started doin' em that way, didn't seem to matter but it could be my DMM it's a $20 POS. I need a good Fluke.

What's the correct way to test speaker impedance with a DMM?

whats the dimensions of that box?

just wondering cuz i've got a level 4 18 laying around and always wanted to t-line it but when i did the math on the box there was no way but your box doesn't look too big. tuned to? length of line? outside dimensions?

My buddy spl4life (the OP) did the designs, I can't tell ya the exact dimensions for the exterior but I know the port is 7 ft. long and tuned to 40hz.

Just to give you a idea Box is about 21 by 4x by 3x inches, I'll let spl4ife give the exact external measurements.

the thing is lvl 5's dont have T/s parameters... i even asked rusty... he said that...

"Ya, we have never done any t/s perameter testing on the LV5's. To do it you would need to build, fullt break in then test it. we have done it for everything else just not the 5's"

... so i did the math according to the bass boost of my amp... which was around 40 hz... heres the math calcuations that i did... according to this tut.

1130 / 40 = 282.5 / 4 = 7.0625ft x 12(inches) = 84.75inches length of the quarter wave...(length of port)

according to the DC's site... a DC lvl 5 cone area is 1159 square cm...

1159.00 (square centimeters) = 179.645359 square in

... since the woofer is 18in... 179.65/18 = 9.98inches... mite as well round to 10inches..

my port size is 10x18in...

if anybody is curious about internal volume....

10x18x84.75= 15255 cubic inches /12^3(ft) = 8.828 cubic feet.

Planing the box build is a whole other issue... lol..

if you look at DC's site... the mounting depth is 10.5inches.. so to gv me some extra clearance i had to double baffle the woofer mount plate...

yea... theres alot of math involved.. but i say its worth it... the box is solid... i thought that 1 layer of .75 in mahogany ply wasnt strong enuf.. but since its a low velocity port .. it doesnt even flex at all..

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

If i were you i would of centered the box and did shelfs on each side and put the 6 by 9s there instead of one lower then the other

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

the 6x9's are temp until i get my wire from knukoncepts, and get my pods ready... the 6x9 are powerd by the HU...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Archived