Sonic Electronix

I did it a really ghetto way. I hooked it up to a back speaker and "looped" it to the other channel so it would have booth rca's working and set it to line out on the side switch.

But the real way to do it is behind the HU take and hook up each speaker to each channel and set it to line out and plug in your signal cables (rca's) and run them to your amp.

I'm sorry, very confusing but it comes with directions and if you can't figure it out im sure a local audio shop could help.

Edit: X2 it is WAY easier to get a new better HU. Also sonic electronix is having the same deal with the installation accessories. Saved me 30 bucks.

Edited by brsteinbach

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

just get a new head unit. much easier for you to handle and will sound better than using a LOC. And I think you could just do one alpine type s, you and your mom would both enjoy it I think. But if I were you... 6 18" TSNS clammed on a T15k... but thats just me... lol

Honestly I would save the hassle and get the Alpine.

If you buy from Crutchfield I forgot to add that they also give you all the harnesses necessary to complete the install so it makes it way easier on you.

That HU also has 3 pre-outs for Front, Rear, and Sub.

do you have Bose speakers?

Wow, to be honest, I never even saw that Alpine you suggested.

I may have to look into that, that's cheap.

And honestly I'm not sure about the Bose speakers right now.

Mom is out right now, I'll check in the morning.

I know one of our cars has the Bose speakers, but I believe its my dad's '03 Silverado.

I could be wrong though.

Ahaa, to the comment about 6 18", that will have to wait until the burb is mine. :D

I think my parents are going to give it to me at some point, but it won't be anytime soon.

It will be after they buy a new car for mom (looking at some new Monte Carlos, Impalas, or Civics. blehh on the Civic, I want a Chevy... lol)

edit-

If I do end up getting a new HU, I'll end up spending a little extra money to get the Alpine 9886 instead of the 9884, just because it has the iPod control, as well as an extra USB slot, which I would use alot.

Edited by imnotmikal
On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

If you have Bose on the suburban it will be a little more tricky to get the head unit to work with your Bose speakers but when the time comes just PM me and I can walk you through it.

Its an extra little box called the GMOS and it retains factory chimes and speakers and on other models if you have it the OnStar as well.

It plugs into the factory harness and then has an output to the Alpine.

It looks like an LOC and has some of the same features but it is necessary.

Haha I sound like a CrutchField rep but if you buy from them when I did you get half off the unit if you buy a Head Unit so thats just another reason on top of the fact that I called them when I couldn't get the GMOS to work and they figured it out.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Oh dang, I forgot the reply to this, I was at Kings Dominion all day.

@thehoe92 I still forgot to check on the Bose system, but I'm 99% sure its not Bose.

@troy I already said what I want to with it. Just give it a little bit of a kick, without having something too expensive. It doesn't need to be loud at all, just something to put a little bump in it.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT