DD1508 T-Line Bandpass: DONE!!!

Bad ass build, so where is the vids? :yahoo:

I want to get some but he's a pain... won't let me take 5minutes and get a video of it... Plus he rarely drives his TB anymore... I don't get it he buys nice cars and doesn't drive them and drives the older ones...

He has a '06 GTO bought of the lot with 0.3miles it has 2,500miles on it right now, he has a '05 TB and only drives it on trips, a '97 Grand Prix his DD and work car, and a '00 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 25th Anniversary...

I'll try and get a video of it but no promises.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bet it sounds good :D my dad likes bass as well. kicks ass

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i bet it sounds good :D my dad likes bass as well. kicks ass

His old system was two 75lb 12s and two hifonics 2610ds... In a caddy.

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

• 3 months later...

Like the plexi glass, but how does it really sound like...

Sounds like a sub in a t-line... What do you mean? It plays pretty flat from ~25-60hz where its crossed.

My YouTube Videos

• 9 months later...

Dragginggggg up an old thread, but I just bought a 1508 and can't decide to do just a ported box with an aeroport, or a t-line. I was always kind of against the t-line because of space as I also use my cargo space alot, but this looks like a great compromise. It's going into a wagon so it's kinda like a blazer.

What are you powering it with?

Is it the 4 ohm dvc model?

What are the outer dimensions of the box, just wondering what kind of space it takes up.

Thanks bro.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

i was wondering if a bandpass style t-line would work well, had no idea about this thread, im going to see if i can design one

size wise it looks around 30+ wide x about 30 deep x 12-14 tall

t-line are almost always fairly large, the one i currently have design for my trunk is 36 wide x 22 deep x 15 tall

although i may take up a bit more trunk space if i can get a nice bandpass t-line

i wondered if a 4th/6th order t-line is possible or is that just basically a bandpass, i do not know much about many styles of boxes

I have this design on my computer somewhere if I didn't delete it.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The bandpass tlines I have built or designed for other people all have been really impressive to me or the owner. I personally love this design.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The bandpass tlines I have built or designed for other people all have been really impressive to me or the owner. I personally love this design.

thats good, the current internal volume of my t-line is 4.06 cubic ft, i was thinking of seeing how it would work if i made a sealed section for the woofer, 1/4 the space of the ported section, that would mean id have to extend the depth of my box 5.65 inches (4.65 internal, 1 inch thick wood, its hard to get 1 inch thick wood here for what i want, so i may go .75 and also save a few inches on space, but depends on how it affects tuning), of course id prolly go to just 4.5 inches because .15 in may not e worth the hassle getting exact measurements, lol

i would also be extending the port this same ~5.5 inches so that would lower my tuning a bit and actually get me closer to Fs i believe

also would be nice to see the design if you had it

Archived