BIG update 5/04, buick rendezvous 1st "pretty" build

whats up guys. thanks for checking out my build. this is the 1st time im going for something that should look good.

now to the specs.

2x 12" DC level 4XLs

2x crescendo 3000s strapped (started with sundown SAZ1500s)

box is 5^ft tuned to 38hz, 2x 6" aeros.

I'm going to do something new and show you the finished product first.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

my buddy James cutting the holes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

glueing on the second baffle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i dont think i used enough clamps... i still had more

Posted Image

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice, why is the fiberglass box unfinished?

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

ports are in and im fitting the amp racks.

Posted Image

ill clean up all the wires once im done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

as you may have noticed, the amps are upside down. we are going to put in some plexi and have a look up her skirt. i wanted to show you guys how to make the cuts to do this while i was at it.

line up your fence to the proper distance, lower your blade, and move the board over the middle of the blade.

Posted Image

turn on your table saw and crank the blade up into the board. make sure to get the blade as high as possible so you get more of a straight cut.

Posted Image

do not go all the way to the corners because the bottom of the blade is cutting more than the top. just make your best guess as how far to cut. as you can see, i guessed pretty well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

then just cut out the last bit with a hand saw, hit it with a router and presto.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Posted Image

Posted Image

i just made this thing to keep eyes off my car while it sits in the parking lot all day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i got some work done today!

first, ive seen a lot of people trying to make guides for saws and ive seen nothing like what i have so i wanted to show you all how i make cuts.

so i have 2 long pieces of wood. one is 1/2" and the other is 1/4". its very simple, just make the 1/2" piece skinnier than the 1/4". then glue them together and cut the 1/4" piece with your saw against the 1/2" piece. now you have a guide that you dont have to do any math on. just line it up and cut.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you can see the blade lines up with the edge of the 1/4" wood.

Posted Image

hmm... but what's that piece of wood going to turn into?...

can anyone guess?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lol we need more clamps stat anyway good look so far cant wait to see the end result

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Damn thats alot of clamps haha, thats my nest item on my to buy list!

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

nice clamp supply!!!

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived