Wtf?

I can make my own intro thread.

Well here I am anyways.

I'm not here to spread your business. I am here to spread your cheeks. If you don't know who I am shame on you.

DIYMA OGs will recognize my screen name.

But for the SQ challenged I am Fricasseekid.

aka Mc47

aka babysock

aka Hillbilly Popstar

aka Willy

aka Stuart McNeal

Edited by Fricasseekid

• 2 weeks later...

Name's Mike, been building my own systems since I was 17. Love all things cars. Currently working on my system in my '11 Crown Vic. Hope to learn and hopefully contribute to the site. :D

2011 Crown Victoria LX

Pioneer AVH-x2500bt deck - Infinity Reference 8602cfx in doors and rear deck.

2 Soundqubed HDC3.112 in 5 cubic ft box, port tuned at 36hz. Hifonics BRX3016.1D

2/0 welding cable front to back - big three done - Mechman Alternator Upgrade with rear battery upgrade soon.

Soundqubed Q-Mat Deadener trunk and lid.

• 1 month later...

My name is Scott, been called Slimm/SlimmDaddy since I was about 12-13 when I hung around the car guys that were 5-8 years older than me. They were all kinda chubby and I was lucky to weigh 100lbs fully clothed with rocks in my pockets. I got into car audio in the early-mid 80s and made a living with it and window tinting into the early 2000's. I kept tinting until Jan 2014 when poor health put me on the sideline. I have been watching/following SMD for a few years, can't remember where I came across the site but most likely through a friend sharing stuff on Facebook.
I bought a 2008 TrailBlazer SS last year and I am dying to get some tunes in it. I have a couple sets of Boston Pro 6.5 components, some Eclipse 6.5 mids, a pair of Boston Competition 8's and a pair of the original Eclipse 88120 Ti series, Orion XTR PRO 2400 and an Orion Xtreme 5004 (both amps are pre DEI) and finally a pair of Kicker KQ30. I know this equipment is ancient dinosaur bones to most everyone now a days but it has been on a shelf for 10-12 years and was barely used before that, plus it matches me cause I am old and not knowledgeable enough on equipment today to know what's good and bad. I have 4-5 head units but I am going to opt for a nice 7-8" touchscreen with navigation. I am into clean, crisp stealthy installations so I will either fab some fiberglass enclosures for each side in the cargo area so I don't loose space or switch subs and do an aperiodic setup if I can find some guidance.

Slimm

Edited by SlimmDaddy

sorry for not properly introducing myself. my names donald lukehart jr, i am from saint joseph MO. i have seven kids 4 girls 3 boys. they all love the car audio systems i do in our vehicles and especially my wife she loves it. i myself have been hooking up stereos for friends all my life other then that i have not done major systems like what i'm about to start doing. when me and my wire are done it will be a nice system and the tahoe will look alot better then it does now. i have some starting photos to post but don't know where to post them as its mostly of the current little system i have.

I Am New To SMD from TX,, love the Forum been around for a bit just looking,, Just got a 2001 dodge reg cab 1500 and trying to get it hooked up with some sound and think this is the best place to get some good help with box and subs for it,,,,,, don't no much about amps and subs and stuff got some old amps and stuff from my Dad that he run long ago,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

My name is Josh, an engineering student way out here in Richmond, Virginia. Been a car audio fanatic since I was about 5 years old, and have been following Meade since the video of him popping some ladies eye out was first put on Youtube. Currently drive a Volvo V50 with a SQ HDC3 15" running of a Soundstream 2k (which to me was as loud as I could get on a budget). Planning a big upgrade once I can get some money together but its hard when it seems like all I do is write checks left and write to my college.

My Ride: http://tinypic.com/r/1zz4947/9

• 2 months later...

hello, all.

dropping in here to introduce myself. 43 now and been dabbling in car audio since ... oh... 1987. when 6x9's and a eq/booster was the ticket. LOL

current rides
'15 Challenger SXT with the basic system. did some trading and got a lowend Fosgate in a truck box. crap amp... but plans on the table at home.

'07 Wrangler. stock infinity syst with kicker coax front and rears with an old Kicker 10 in a small basic ported box running on an old hifonics brutus series amp.

'15 ram 1500 with a kicker drop-in formed L7 mopar enclosure with the amp that came in the kit.

thats about it. :)

• 3 months later...

I'm Nick from Michigan I've been into car audio for a while now. I've been a member of CACO, CA.com and ROE for a while now but sometimes I visit here and thought I'd make an account. I have a build in progress but it's kind of at a standstill as I'm currently laid off. My other hobbies include working on my Duramax, collecting watches occasionally, firearms and other random things. I'll probably post my build log here when I get everything finished. Looking to learn and share ideas thanks for having me.