What's crackin SMD forum. DiBo posting from the city of sin. Went to the ces showdown 2018 and was blown away so I decided to play with more watts... Had 1 sundown sa12 on a cheap kicker 1200.1cx and infinity mids and highs on a cheaper hifonics zues. Recently bought another sub and a couple Orion xtr amps ( 2500.1dZ & 1000.4 ) so I can get some baby slap going. Thought my shit hit hard till I sat in a few real spl vehicles!! Holy ish them things was super slappin like E.Honda. Anyways I'm 37 and not new to custom cars at all ( lowdriders for years) but always had a trunk full of pumps and batteries. OCD btw too lol so expect upgrades soon. Thanks for having me

• 1 month later...

Well here I am again.. :) Been a minute for sure..an yes I am still a "Steve" groupie :) Havent had a system in years... my heart just wasnt into it :( But I think its time again to let my inner BassHead out to play :) Got me a Explorer with lots of room an ideas. I used to run Fosgate an RE with my heart given to the couple of SnailShell enclosures I adored... Was thinking of a O'G theme... with a twist of 2018. :) Cirrusbratt grew up... let the fun begin :)

I am always one the outskirts watching, someday I will be in the show..........

• 3 months later...

Hi, everyone! Newbie here from Tampa. I'm glad to have found this great online car audio community. I joined up in the hopes of learning a thing or two from the more experienced members here. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, treating my Pomeranian to his nylabone and watching TV with my wife. Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers, fellas!

Edited by OrvilleStarr

• 5 months later...

Hi all, another noob joining the forum. Been out of car audio for years perusing other interests and have come back to it. I am not building anything killer just something clean and simple to keep with the performance mods planned for my car. The car being a 2019 Subaru WRX STI. Well that's the plan to start anyway. Look forward to getting to know you all

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, my name is Justin

I was so excited today... I got my first 'bass face'!!!! My buddy came over to see what I was doing to my truck. I just got my B2 Ref12 installed and lit it up for him.... The song started playing (over Focal mids and highs) and he's like "sounds nice".... then the bass kicked. His look was priceless! First thing he said was "Holy shit I wasn't expecting that!"

I've still got a shit eating grin....

Anyway I am 40yrs old. I've been into car audio from the beginning.... I had a subscription to Car Stereo Review before I even had a license, lol.  

I am an old school Burner( been going for well over a decade). We have a camp out there called "SpeakCheasy". It's a bar that serves all things cheese.... from food stuff to jokes to whatever else you can consider cheesy. Come visit us around 3:00 and keyhole! (we've taken a year or two off but we will be back).

I am a massive bass head but I am all about SQ, and when I build things I tend to over build them. By trade I am a builder. We contract some nice stuff all over the Northern CA coast. (Mendocino)

Anyway just wanted to say "hi" and give a little background as to who I am. Thank you to everyone who makes this possible, and a HUGE thank you to Steve for all you do for this community! Props man!! 

Almost forgot to mention my rides. The DD is a Ford Ranger (for work) but it's the one with sound, so I can keep my sanity. My 'fun' car is a BMW E39 M5. and it's VERY fun!... but it's stock sound. Sounds damn good, but I'm more about the exhaust note on that one. Finally I have an Austin Healey '59 Bugeye Sprite track car, that's constantly in the garage. 

Edited by Casparado

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...