• 3 weeks later...

New here. Just want to say what's up! Looking forward to constructive criticism and feedback. 

single Zv4d2 15"/3.2 cube tuned @28hz/scv3k/2 xs d3400/j.s 390 Amp alt/ lots of dynamat/ 1994 4 door accord 

Getting to the point where I get to put it back in the car. 2 years with no beat is a looong time

Hey everybody,

My name is Arthur.  I joined earlier today and looking forward to getting to know the community.  I have been hopelessly addicted to car/mobile audio since before I had a drivers license.  I'm almost positive that every thing I've owned that had wheels has had some sort of aftermarket audio upgrade done.  I've always been big into DYI and the "maker" scene (even before it was called the maker scene) and have even had a few gigs working for a shop when I was younger.   

I've been watching Steve as far back as when he was doing stuff in his back yard under a canopy (along with other channels like CAF, Soundman and EXO) and wish I had joined the forum here sooner. 

I also just figured out that I can subscribe for a few $$/year and get unlimited space for photos and videos, so I'm going to set that up (I spent way too long resizing pics to get under the limit for my first build log post).

• 3 weeks later...

New poster, followed the forum for about 10 years now. 

Looking to post some pics of my project vehicle.

Hoping to get some good pointers and maybe save a little money by doing most of my own tricks.

Yesterday I did some bondo for the first time, trying to get prepped for painting the top half of my vehicle.

Today was working on more sound deadening. 

Feel free to message me! I don't bite but I am looking for people to game with if anyone plays WoW!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 7 months later...

I'm Ben, I've had a subwoofer box in my vehicles ever since I started driving at 16. So, I've been a Basshead for 16 years now. I came across this site looking for a High Output Alternator for my 2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport. Currently running a Skar 1200.1 D Amplifier, a Skar DDX-10 D2 Subwoofer, and 1/0 AWG OFC Wire. 

image8376.jpg

PXL_20220128_041123152.MP.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

6 hours ago, Frotasticben said:

I'm Ben, I've had a subwoofer box in my vehicles ever since I started driving at 16. So, I've been a Basshead for 16 years now. I came across this site looking for a High Output Alternator for my 2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport. Currently running a Skar 1200.1 D Amplifier, a Skar DDX-10 D2 Subwoofer, and 1/0 AWG OFC Wire. 

image8376.jpg

PXL_20220128_041123152.MP.jpg

Welcome! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

15 hours ago, Frotasticben said:

Welcome to the forum. I'm working on getting my 2016 GT set up too. I was just in contact with https://apexhighoutputalternators.com/ and they have 3 models available for my CX5. Would be worth contacting him about yours. Not sure if the electrical changed from the 2016 to 2017 model. Good luck with the build I haven't seen a lot of these with systems in them.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

6 hours ago, BumpedCX5 said:

Welcome to the forum. I'm working on getting my 2016 GT set up too. I was just in contact with https://apexhighoutputalternators.com/ and they have 3 models available for my CX5. Would be worth contacting him about yours. Not sure if the electrical changed from the 2016 to 2017 model. Good luck with the build I haven't seen a lot of these with systems in them.

It's worth a shot, I'll check it out. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2022 at 12:04 AM, Frotasticben said:

It's worth a shot, I'll check it out. 

Curious if you ever got this figured out? We spoke over on mazdas247 forum. I've been slowly trying more power on stock power... and am now running an RP2000.1D and the electrical seems fine with it. I'm really hoping to figure out a way to run the Taramps Smart 5 and some sort of 4 channel for the doors...but no way until this alternator issue or an alternative is figured out.