DC Sound Lab

My whole build is here on the forum......08 Trailblazer SS it is probably on page 5 or so.....but the box is 13.08 cubes tunes to 32.46 hz.......fiberglassed 45's.....braced with 1 1/4 round stock........the amps are 2000 bd's.......gains are 1/4..........freq is all the way down.....subsonic off.......360.2 is all the way down........pioneer 5700 sub output at 0.......freq at 80........i am open to ideas....

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

well your subsonic needs to be on, for sure... sounds like none of your stuff is set right to be honest.. im sure some one with more knowledge with that gear can chime in tho

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you need to get your subsonic set to about 5-10hz under your box tuning

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

your gain should match the headunits output...thats why its usually measured in volts on the dial...low pass should be set to whatever freq. you dont want the sub to play...(ex. like 80hz...it wont play freq above that), subsonic should be set to what freq. you want to play and up...(like set it to 20hz and the sub wont play freq. below 20 hz, but will play 20hz and up to your low pass freq.)

so breakdown:

gain: match the output on your head

low pass: acts "as a ceiling" (takin from brutus owners manual) for you freq.

subsonic: acts as a cutoff, so it wont play any notes below that freq.

ex: so if you set your low pass to 80hz, and your subsonic to 20hz, its gonna play notes that are 20-80hz....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Thanks guys but I kinda already knew that.......with the Rockford amps and the subsonic on the subsonic freq is set at 28 hz there is only a switch no adjustment on the subsonic freq........I did like someone said earlier and turned on the subsonic and turned the freq to 45....so my amps freq range is from 28 to 45........I have gain still set at 1/4 way up because the BTL's cant handle much more.........I know that a lot of people are pointing at the the amp settings but I dont think that is the problem........reason I had the Subsonic off was so that the subs could go lower than 28hz........Is it possible that the BTL's cant handle the power??????If so it tme for me to move on to a sub that can handle some power

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

It might just be me but i never have my subsonic freq on.. I'm also a psychopath that loves to beat up his subs until they cry mercy!

you are not alone. I don't have my sub sonic or high pass filter set. I just Know my music and I know the freq of the bass lines in the music I play. If I play a new song I just take it easy on the volume to figure out if its going to have anything -27hz or anything +50hz.

It might just be me but i never have my subsonic freq on.. I'm also a psychopath that loves to beat up his subs until they cry mercy!

i don't got my subsonic filther on etheir so your not the only one but then again i seen alot of you videos and DAMN i don't even come close to you lol but ya as some have already said its all in the box design. me myself i got pretty lucky in this box as for my subs handle the power great they don't bottom out, they get little smeely some times but other then that they are doing great, as for this whole thing of FI or DC well i like dc's and would love to get a pair just don't got the money but as for what i seen with my own eyes thru videos and everything else FI's are good sub's too it all depens on the box cuz i'm sure if you put some DC's in a poorly built messed up box they are going to handle the rms power they are rated for very poorly as well then again you get someone like thor and hes pushing his DC 10's to the limit and they are taking every bit of it!

just my 2cents