Mechman Alternators

Cadillac Northstar Dual alternator setup

Well I just thought I'd throw out a little teaser on a project that I've been working on personally for the past couple weeks. I have a customer's vehicle from Houston that is having (4) 13W7's put in the back of his Deville. His current draw will be around 12,000 watts, and he just HAD to have dual alternators, even though I told him it would be quite an undertaking, as there is virtually NO room on that engine. Here's a pic of the accessory end of the engine. Believe it or not, I have developed a dual kit that bolts on in about an hour with basic hand tools. The kit will work with twin 250 amp Rhino series units, OR twin OEM units.

BEFORE

Posted Image

AFTER

Posted Image

Edited by MECHMAN
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

damn, thats a tight space...I am sure we are all waiting for pics!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

where r the other 8k watts going? they wont handle that much lol

The doors arn't finished yet (I'm not doing the audio install) but I've heard there is going to be some SERIOUS mids in this thing. It's also going to have an inverter and tons of TVs. I'm sure there are quite a few Northstar Caddy owners out there that would be interested in one of these kits. It turned out looking pretty clean, I wish I could get the stuff back faster, I'm excited to post up some pics.