Sundown Audio

Blown Fuse?

Jared420

ok i hooked up my 15 by itself to my amp and after a few mins the fuse blew. my 15 has 4 wires, one coming off each connnection from the sub and coming out of the box when i hook up each of the 4 wires to all 4 connections on the amp it runs fine but it bumps harder when i take the 2 + and the 2 - and hook them up in the bridged slots, but it blows the fuse... im wondering what causes the fuse to be blown and why does it only blow when i have the channels bridged?

15'' eclipse aluminum sub

kenwood kac 7202 amp says 920 max watts and 460 bridged at 4 ohms

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Guest MegaloManiac

amp cant handle it bridged probally. When i had my old Crunch amp if i were to bridge it, it would go through fuses like a little kid eating candy.

amp cant handle it bridged probally. When i had my old Crunch amp if i were to bridge it, it would go through fuses like a little kid eating candy.

so whats that mean the amp cant handle it ... the amp cant put out the wattage the sub is calling for? basically i need a much more powerful amp?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

possibly yeah.

Some amps just can't handle it, its trying to draw way too much current. maybe someone can answer your question more thoroughly

another thing im not sure if it has anything to do with it but ive seen many subs wired differently than mine. on the subwoofer itself my friend who had this sub before me ran a wire from each connection from the sub. i have seen i think its called paralell wiring which goes from negative to negative on the sub to neg on the amp n + to + on the sub to the + on the amp. i didnt know if the wiring on that part of the sub could be messing with the power load and blowing my fuse

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

another thing im not sure if it has anything to do with it but ive seen many subs wired differently than mine. on the subwoofer itself my friend who had this sub before me ran a wire from each connection from the sub. i have seen i think its called paralell wiring which goes from negative to negative on the sub to neg on the amp n + to + on the sub to the + on the amp. i didnt know if the wiring on that part of the sub could be messing with the power load and blowing my fuse

the blue wires show how my sub is currently wired and works . if i take the same setup as the blue and bridge the connection on the amp the fuse blows... could changing the setup to the red wiring have a different affect. what are the differences?

post-1082-1176768064_thumb.jpg

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

the blue wires show how my sub is currently wired and works . if i take the same setup as the blue and bridge the connection on the amp the fuse blows... could changing the setup to the red wiring have a different affect. what are the differences?

not sure about your sub but your amp might not be able to handle the ohm load. if you did bridge it like you did in the red, still don't think it will. might wanna just wire in series and see what happens.

not sure about your sub but your amp might not be able to handle the ohm load. if you did bridge it like you did in the red, still don't think it will. might wanna just wire in series and see what happens.

is this series wiring?

post-1082-1176769338_thumb.jpg

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

x2 on the ohm problem, if u have the manual for it, check 2 make sure your amp is bridgeable...some arent....also check to see what the ohm load can be on bridge mode...many amps can only handle safely a 4 ohm load bridged...i hope that helps a little...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

at first i thought you were runnin it at too low of an ohm but after lookin at the pic, its not that. i would get a better amp

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/