Need Help With Hertz

Hey guys, I just bought a box for a kicker L7 12"...The box is 2 cubic feet (ported) tuned to 32 hertz. The box is being shipped to me now but I'm wondering what it will sound like...I've heard that the lower the tuning the better the quality but I'm not sure...please help!!

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

You're not really going to know how it is until it's in and playing. it will sound different for different cars, 32hz is fine thats about where I would tune to for most people. If the box is the right size for the sub then you should be happy with it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You're not really going to know how it is until it's in and playing. it will sound different for different cars, 32hz is fine thats about where I would tune to for most people. If the box is the right size for the sub then you should be happy with it.

Right! u can build a box to specs test it out of the car on termlab, put it in the car and your tuned frequency will change, it all depends on your vehicle and its resonate frequency...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Thanx guys... i bought it off dimension audio...i didnt want to get a small square box that everyone nis trying to sell people. I figured if i was gonna drop some good money on a new sub i better put it in a pretty good sized box for it... Not too much bigger would fit in the trunk of my car

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D