Morel Speakers?!?!?

we just got a couple pair of morels into the shop last week from morel to see if we liked/wanted to use them and I am telling you they are by far the best, most even sounding speakers I have heard and that is just in a sound room, we are going to put some in the owners caddy cts type v and I cant wait till we hook them up!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

They are, but even still 200 watts rms for a tweeter is nuts. And from what I hear (by a world finals winner) is that they can take every drop of power and play loud and clear. I know that peak is nothing to judge by, but when your talking about 1000 watts peak too a tweeter thats pretty nuts...

Yellow coned dd's I was looking at them long throws for a while now too, since im a dd fanboy myself, and the new designed dd's are sick, how do yours sound?

Im still kind of trying to figure out on what I want to spend and am kind of stuck between dd, focal, and morel for my mids and highs. But was almost thinking about going old school and getting some image dynamic horns :lol:

i run my LT's full range in a 1.25 cube enclosure with a 2x8 slot port tuned to 80hz sitting in between my front seats in my van powered off a kicker kx350.4 bridged each speaker seeing about 150-200 watts i love these speakers they get louder than any component set i have ever used and sound good while doing it they tend to want to pop just a little bit when cranked but only on low low stuff like lil jon ying yang twins etc. i have been very inpressed you being a DD user like myself will understand that they just have that DD magic lots of energy and the mids just hit you in the chest some of the first dpeakers i have ever used where you can hear the mids bass outside of the car atleast 5 feet + unless you are willing to build a enclosure or door pods i would recomend the regualr DD components they are just about on the same level but not as crazy and not as near as much mids more designed for a free air enviroment the LT's sound like poo free air

Edited by yellow_kevlar_coned_DD's

• 4 years later...

Morels are SQ speakers and I run the Dotech Ovation 6 on an Arc Audio KS 300.2 but in all honesty I would like to something maybe in their higher end line but then again I am looking for something that sounds LOUD because I am a techno freak. The Dotech Ovation 6 have good midbass but in my experience I still think HAT has a better midbass but their speakers are to deep for my door.

Oh well we shall see how that one goes.

I too have heard good things but their unreasonably expensive, like $1000 for a pair of components, in my book that's way to much for some damn door speakers.

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

Boston S60 6.5 components

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

I too have heard good things but their unreasonably expensive, like $1000 for a pair of components, in my book that's way to much for some damn door speakers.

SQ and loud are different things...

if you want SQ, you HAVE to pay for it.. 98% of the time..

my dad wants to run a SQ setup, and hes going to end up doing a full morel setup in his 300zx Brian.. once he does it, ill let you know how they sound, but you will have yours before him :P

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

SQ and loud are different things...

if you want SQ, you HAVE to pay for it.. 98% of the time..

my dad wants to run a SQ setup, and hes going to end up doing a full morel setup in his 300zx Brian.. once he does it, ill let you know how they sound, but you will have yours before him :P

That's not entirely true. You can have a very good SQ setup up for a reasonable amount of money. I compete in a comp class against some of the best. I mean hell, the guy I lose to is a Grammy award winning sound mixer for Lucas Films. Sure they have some points on me in the lanes, However I have about 1/4 invested then they do too. If even that much. And to the every day average ear, you can't distinguish the difference in the cars over all sound to justify the price. It is no different in SPL, the only time it counts to be the best is in the lanes cause 99% of the other people who will ever listen to your car will never know the difference.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

wow this was brought back from the dead.

Boy this is old. I thought I was looking at some fresh stuff. Lol.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

I was at my buddys shop today and I was looking for some new tweets and he walked into a back room and came out with a box of these tweeters and said these would do you good but you dont want to know the price on them. I was looking at the box and the specs where just nuts 220 watts rms, and 1000 watts peak......

So now Im looking at ordering some of their comps maybe instead of running focal.

Has anyone ever ran these before? He said he use to run them in his blazer back in his competition days and sounded great, but he hasent heard any of their new speakers at all.

So if anyone knows anything about them, let me know!

Thanks

http://www.morelhifi.com/

I use nothing but the MT-23....I fucking love them

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it