To work at bestbuy or not?

THE BASHING STOPS NOW!! I SEE ANYMORE AND VACATIONS ARE BEING HANDED OUT....

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

I work at BBY full time. all the install guys came from custom shops, taught me fiberglassing, imaging of speakers, all kinds of fun stuff. The pay isnt spectacular, but the discounts are amazing. i say give it a shot, i got MECP certified for free.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Question: if i wanted to work at the one near me and i have experience doing installs do i have to have some sort of schooling to get the job?

because ive been curious about that for a while

You dont have to have any schooling. Best Buy requires their installers to have MECP certifications, but you dont already have to be certified. They will interview you, and see if you know what you're doing, and have a stipulation saying you have to pass your MECP basic with x amount of weeks in order for you to stay employeed.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

The discount is you pay 5% more then what the store pays, so say bby gets a $300 P3 12 for $85, you pay $92. The work in the bay is good, but management licks all kinds of balls. Every time I talk to people about it I tell them, I miss the work, but I don't miss the Job. Getting yelled at by managers for staying an hour late on a day that I made 1200% rev FTL!

Discount FTW though....

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

Note: I didnt read all of the posts so forgive me.

But when I was at best buy buying some wiring for my friend, I had to go back in the install bay to get it....all the guys back there were just chillin workin on cars and had some music blastin.

..I wish I could get that as a part time job...but I doubt they would hire a 17 year old.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Archived