Second Skin Audio

8's is the new rage

I've been thinking of coming out of the dark ages and not using my round solobaric 15". I see all these guys doing 8's now. Is this just a for shock factor and being able to say I only have 8's or do these subs drop as low as 12's and 15's. what are you thoughts on 8's. I'm really thinking about trying 3 or 4 8's. I know it all depends on box design and woofer, but do these 8's really sound that good?

So, where are all these guys? I have seen like 3 member builds on here with 8's.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Im kinda curious as well. From what i have seen and heard on here, the dd 1508s slap :hairtrick: . I would love to know if they compare to a pair of 12's...

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

When looking around on forums, you see a lot of people moving to 8 inchers. Damn I cant tell you how many build logs I have seen with the 1508's, e8's, 8w7's, l5 and l7's being used. I know it really is the box, but will an 8 will drop like a larger woofer? I think this is why I am trying to figure out transmission lines. I would love have decent drop in my system and pop the hatch and show people a pair of 8's.