I love your avatar "may03lt" lol Do you like punk girls?

painting chrome is not tough at all with some wet sanding. What screws up chrome is the look of uneven spray paint. Thats why chrome usually looks like ass when it is spray painted. But if you wet sand it to get that uneven-ness out of it, it will turn out. And don't forget to clear coat it with lots of wet sanding too. I learned how to paint chrome a long time ago when I was messing around with painting alloy wheels chrome to make people think they were chrome. I thought i was going to be rich.

LMAO

p.s. a tutorial or sticky is not worth shit unless there are pics MANNNNNNN

HOW DO I CHANGE MY AVATAR?? IM A NOOB SOMEWHAT HERE

• 1 year later...

The only permanent way to paint chrome without it chipping is to sandblast first. Then use an epoxy primer. I've seen wheels painted every other way and after time the paint will start to chip off. I painted my chrome bumper years ago by using an 8" " mud hog " with 80 grit. Thinking the primer would " bite" into the 80g scratches. Nope. Still eventually got very small rock chips. And this only applies to real chrome not "chrome" plastic parts.. Just for background I've been professionally doing automotive paint for 10 yrs.

Archived