the grand am build 2 12s

well.. ive been into car audio for a few years but have just recently started gettin "really" into it i first started off with car subs in my room and then slowly got some better equipment

1st "real" sub was a 10 inch type r in an ABC box i made

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/fox_...nt=CLIP0002.flv

there were a few other set ups including a mach5audio ixl 15.2.2

then i got a differnt car and "stepped it up"

had 2 10 type rs in 2.9 cubes at 32 hz on a re audio 35.1 ( 1500 rms @1 ohm)

then i got the audiopipe ap30001D on the type rs and got it metered on te type rs with only 2000 rms and pulled off a 139.1db at 35hz i believe it was

then i went to 4 10 type rs 4 cubes @ 30hz on one ap30001D never got that metered but it was alot louder then the 2 10s

now im running 4 10 inch DC audio level 3 10s with level 4 coils and extra spiders in a box thats about 4 cubes not really sure ( need to make another post to find out) on one AP30001D and im currently waiting on a 2nd ap30001D to come in and ill be running about 6000 rms for burps

all of this is in a 1994 caviler i had to cut out the sheet metal behind the rear seat to fit the box into the trunk ahha

speakers ( miss matched but good deals i got on them!)

2 pioneer 4 inch with tweets in dash

2 5 inch infinitys in the doors

in teh rear 2 6.5 JLs and 6x9 JLs all powered by a dual amp

electrical iss

140 amp alt ( need to get another one stuffed under the hood)

stock batt up front

2 red tops in teh back 2 runs of 1 gauge wire to the rear batts

onto te pics!

2 10s

Posted Image

4 10 inch type argssss

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the DCs :)

so far im only running them on 500 rms a piece and its louder then the type rs were on 3000 rms kinda curious to see how its going to be on 6kw :)

thought id throw a little vid in with some excursion

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Looks good man...if you didnt know the redtops dont do that well powering a system. Theyre meant for starting and dont have much for a reserve. Look into a yellow top, kinetik, or powermaster.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

I had yellow tops, switched to kinetiks and i'm all about kinetik now, but powermaster in my opinion trumps them all lol, looks good though bro.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

well i got them both bassically for 80$ so its better then nothing but i got a like on some group 31 yellows for 150 a piece brand new so trying to sell these to get them

thanks this is the 1st " real: build and so far its turning out rather well i think havent got it metered yet so im excited to see what it will do

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

• 3 weeks later...

alright well i went to a comp today and got metered finally with the 4 level 3s with level 4 coils and extra spiders on 6K

box is 3.9 at 34 hz managed a 145.6 at 35 hz and a 147 at 43 hz the TL was on the window after gettin teh "legal" numbers i opened the drivers door and managed a 148.1 at about 40 hz

not bad for a trunk car!

will have vids if my buddy got some have some pics of the TL but there not that great

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

sweet another cavi on the forum!!!! I am gonna cut that metal behind the seat tommorow.... looks good, keep it up

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

if you cut the meatal behing hte seat out you can fit a nice sized box in there but then the trunk "spring" is only about 14 inchs off the bottom of the trunk once its closed then you have a removeable seat once you cut it up haha im sure if i had a way to fire the subs forward and port into cabin i could get into the 150s if it was sealed off from the trunk

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived