Today I looked at the driver side if there was enough room for the speaker with the mechanical grill.

When I pushed the brake pedal I’ve got about 1cm in between. This was pretty close, so I started turning the little plank, this way I obtained as much room as possible on the upside.

When I let the grill turn upside, I’ve got plenty of space behind the brake-pedal.

But still, I need to relook some things…but that’s for later. And I’ll have to make some things in alu or inox too.

About the speakers, I won’t be able to do many things with that. And I’m going to start on the driver side first, cause room is minimal there.

These measurement I’ll just have to copy then for the passenger side.

It’s all going to be a little more difficult than I thought, but I’m looking forward to when I’m finished, satisfaction guaranteed. But off course, you never know what’s coming.

Thank you car audio GODS, for giving this man time to show us electronic art in action! I've been tuned in for a long time and hope for updates everyday! Looking forward to these kick panels and how amazing the finish product will be.

So what has happened to the trunk build? Are you redesigning or is it just on hold for the cabin work?

I hope that I’m able to create the floor pods in the way that I want.

Because it’s much too cold, I decided to work on the interior.

I can do this inside.

Awesome!! What was the side project that you were working on? I'd love to see that, as I find all of your work just incredible!!!

I’m not going further into that for the moment. This things will be so cool I’ll post some pictures, but that will

You've made a rear disk for a bicycle. I thought the zipp disks were sexy. Is it just an insert or a full disk? What kind of specialized cycle?

It’ll become a Robolop bike ...

i really dont know what to say. As usual, i am in awe. Thanks for sharing this INCREDIBLE & SUPERIOR build with us. :drinks:

No problem dude, you’re welcome.

Nice work as always!! Post some pics of the process you used on the disc wheel! Are you mostly a TT guy, or do you race regular road as well? I mainly race mtn, but I'll do a few crit's from time to time.

Awesome!!!!

No, I don’t race, but I follow the Moto GP from close-by.

And sometimes I go to the supercross in Anaheim with friends

:werd_msword: wow. my dream car. and now I can see one possibility with my dream car. Excellent build. wow. did i say wow? did my jaw drop again. kudos. awesome job man!! drinks on me :drinks:

Thx dude... This was infact the car I dreamed off several years. Now I have the luck to make it even more special.

You don’t need to ask what kind of kick I’m getting out of this.

Be aware of drooling-drops on your keyboard.

You wouldn’t be the first.

great work man, I don't think I could deal with the lack of foot room though.

It’s a habit dude.

After 2 weeks you’re used to it, and you lay your leg in your neck even before you get in the car lol

This has officially gone WAY TO FAR, and I absolutely love it!

What the hell? Grills that remove themselves with the flip of a switch? I don't think this guy ever stops innovating. Custom vents in his hood, removable grills, speaker pods out of plastic balls, carbon fiber EVERYTHING! I wish I could see this in person one day. Greatest build I've ever looked at and it just doesn't seem to stop.

Keep doing what you're doing man. Your work is an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others.

It’s correct that I put the bar way higher for my floor pods. I can’t get any higher than this, and even now, I’m not 100% sure I’ll accomplisch the floord pods project.

Maybe the bar is higher than de sticks to put the bar on, are. LOL

You've been one of the guys who's motivated me to start building again. I know you've heard this thousands of times by now. Your attention to detail is impeccable. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation to get back into this. Best Regards from a far away place. LMC.

No thanks dude, go 4 it

After many EVOs I hope I have the final model ready.

I first made a couple of molds to mill it all.

Top left you see the mdf where it all be mounted on.

Next to that you see, what a call a filling plank

Bottom left is the little block where I make a hinge from, and next to that the little plank that will become the grill.

DSC03615_resize.jpg

DSC03619_resize.jpg

Here you see everything in closed condition.

Im not really sure what kind of grill Im going to make. I mean I dont know what the design will be of the holes in it.

But thats something Im not going to lay awake from, thats for later.

DSC03620_resize.jpg

Dis is dan met de grill open.

DSC03624_resize.jpg

Someone has to mill and turn some aluminium things for me. Its all ordered, but Ill have to wait some before delivery.

DSC03622_resize.jpg

You can see I put a plate with a little rubber there, the grill will fall on to this when its opened.

DSC03631_resize.jpg

You can see how much place I have between the speaker and the grill.

DSC03636_resize.jpg

With this arrangement you can see I have 12mm of space

DSC03639_resize.jpg

Because I dont know how much the speaker bounces when Im BOOMING, I made another plate of 22mm thick

DSC03643_resize.jpg

In other words, when the one from 25mm (where I have 12mm of space) is too high, I can just change the plate and put the 22mm there.

Yes, its a millimeter job.

Itll come more clearly for me too when I playing with these things.

O yeah, and in the meanwhile the works on my new hobby continue nicely…yihaaa

DSC03660_resize.jpg

hey, ik kom ook uit belgie, kan je je adres even doorsturen aub, ik zou je bmw graag eens in het echt zien en horen wat je allemaal nog van plan bent, heb de laatste 3 dagen bezig geweest om je build op te volgen tot waar je nu bent en ik sta ronduit verbaasd te kijken van wat je allemaal hebt verwezelijkt.

vriendelijke groeten uit antwerpen

Planned build for my daily driver

2 soundstream reference 4.920 's

2 12' soundstream R2.124 500 watt rms subwoofers in custom box

upgrade of OEM speakers to soundstream combosets

maybe some LED's in the doors

Archived