DSC02084_resize.jpg

That case looks so damn sexy... If I was a business man and you handed your proposal in that I'd sign it without reading it lolz

Because I knew that things of the exhaust will get very close to the rear bumper, I need to do something to keep the heat out of there. This is special material to go around the pipes, and can resist a temperature of 1200 degrees. Heath wrapping.

DSC02063_resize.jpg

DSC02064_resize.jpg

Then I also have a heat-shield to put on the back of the bumper.

If it was me I wouldn't use the heat wrap on the exhaust and just use the heatshield on the bumper on its own.

The heat wraps cause corrosion even on stainless steel extractors/headers, as it doesn't allow the material to breathe and holds in moisture during condensation. I haven't heard of this happening on anyone using heat wraps after the catback or mufflers, but then again I also don't know anyone that uses heat wraps on the catback or mufflers. And assuming you're exhaust is standard I would guess that it's made of mild steel and would corrode faster.

Another option could be HPC Coating (High Performance Coating) might be known as Thermal Barrier Coating in other areas. Much better albeit more expensive.

If you don't mind me asking. Where did you learn to do such beautiful work? And what do you do for a living?

I'm guessing that you are an engineer of some type.

Mike

Most things I’ve learned by paying good attention while lookin’ at professionals doing their thing.

And by trying and practicing on my own, I’m learning every day, and that’s the beauty of it.

No, I’m not an engineer. In fact, I never liked going to school, so I didn’t spent a minute longer in school, then was necessary. Then I started a chicken factory in the Sahara desert. Because of the heat, the breeding process goes faster, and I’ve got more time to spend on the project, you see?

Hey man id just like to say that this is the most flawless work ever.Just out of curiosity what is or was your profession?Off the top of your head about how many hours would you guess you have into this build?Major props on your creativity and your craftsmanship.Cant wait to see it finished.

Believe me, I don’t know how many hours of work have passed in the project, and I don’t like thinkin’ about it either.

It’s the result that counts. As long as I can work with pleasure and goal in mind, it’s all ok for me.

The clock that’s hangs here in my work-space doesn’t have a batterie, so time stays still here.

• 2 weeks later...

BEYOND AMAZING! DUDE SERIOUSLY MAJOR PROPS! just a suggestion fer the car itself cuz interior and audio MAGNIFICO lol (i havent read this whole thread either so sorry if someone already mentioned this) but this is totally opinion but ever think of the BMW halo lights for the front headlights JUST throwin that out there and if u make em from scratch PLEASE TELL ME cuz im lookin to make some headlights fer my car except im goin with the Audi LEDs and it seems complicated lol wouldnt mind a guideline to follow lol and again AMAZING WORK! im pretty sure if i showed this to my friend who thinks he's good he'd SHIT his pants LOL

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

The hardest part of the exhausts is behind me now, and it worked out fine.

I put a lot of measure-work into it, but I'm proud to say that it's perfect onto the milimeter.

On this picture, the end-pipes aren't mounted yet. Going to measure this again when it's all finished. Cause I hate it when mufflers come out to far.

The original plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper....it already made a one way trip to the bin.

It didn't fit one bit anymore, and off-course I want to change the model to something more beautiful.

Here you can see the building of it.

First I glued OAZE on the piece with hot glue. This material rubs like butter, and so I got a model faster.

DSC02203_resize.jpg

DSC02205_resize.jpg

Once I had this, I taped it all with paper-tape.

DSC02206_resize.jpg

Here you can see the original exhaust where the quad's are mounted on to.

DSC02210_resize.jpg

I put on 4 layers of fiberglass polyester so it's all a bit more robust.

DSC02211_resize.jpg

DSC02212_resize.jpg

Archived