I have a 94 Marquis. It's a 4.6L. I had 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers put on in an H-pipe config. I had 4 cats, but had 2 removed. It sounds alot like this:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I have the both pipes turned down under the center of the car. It sounds ok, but I would like it a little louder. Without doing engine work, what can I do to achieve that? Will having the other 2 cats taken off make a noticeable difference? I've heard conflicting opinions on whether or not the Super 44 series is louder/gives more performance than the regular 40 series. Lastly, what effect would it have, if I changed from H-pipe to X-pipe? Thanks for any help/opinions

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you just have turn downs, getting it changed to tips will make it louder. The bigger tip at the end of the pipe gives the sound a chance to resonate and expand.

The sound won't be as "low" though, will it?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

not sure about low but it will make a huge differance. way louder. are you talking about you want more of a rumble?

More rumble would def. be nice, but without engine work I don't think I can achieve that. I wouldn't mind the sound it has now, just louder. My engine is similar to a 4.6 Mustang, but the heads aren't as open, so it wouldn't sound as sweet as a mustang does with the pipes out back

how about a set of exhaust cutouts they make an electric set that can open and close with the the flick of a switch

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

how about a set of exhaust cutouts they make an electric set that can open and close with the the flick of a switch

You know what website would show an example?

on another note... I've read all about how a Throttle Body Spacer seems to be useless here on SMD, but this says up to 22 horsepower increase. What increase could I really expect IF ANY???

List Price: $138.60

Our Price: $86.83

STREET PERFORMANCE HELIX POWER TOWER PLUS THROTTLE BODY SPACER -- Crafted From Precision Machined T6061 Aircraft Solid-Billet Aluminum, Delivers An Increase Of Up To 22 Horsepower And 25 Ft/Lb In Torque While Improving Efficiency By Up To 4 Miles Per Gallon, Engineered To Provide Increased Air-Flow To Increase Performance Throughout The Powerband, Features Computer Designed Chambers And Variable Venturi Apertures, Can Be Used With Any Grade Of Fuel, Easily Installed

Anyone?

:search:

I would think a x-pipe would make it louder because it is more straight through and not having the sound waves bounce everywhere. Get rid of all the mufflers/resonators will make it louder but probably wont be the sound you want..and removing the cats will help but I'm not much for that myself.