Carputer 101

Guest MegaloManiac

hey i got a quick question since i dont know shit about car puters... anyway right now i got a ravdvd1 hu and im going to be getting a non touch screen monitor... so what would i need to set something up so that i could store videos/music on a hard drive and run it all through the hu and screen. mind you i dont want navi or internet or any of those goodies i just need plenty of hard drive space (right now at as slim as i can go i have 29g of mp3s, music vids and simpsons shows)... oh also i want to be able to watch tv if nessicary

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

:^ well i was thinking of running both video and audio through the hu... how do you have it set up so you get audio to the hu? is there rca outputs i could get for the carputer?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Guest MegaloManiac

to do a video from the ipod video you have to have the special dock for the video ipod. and run opticial from there. using the special ipod video/audio cable. its white has 3 rcas males on 1 end and on the other end is a male headphone plug that plugs into the ipod dock

as fas svideo i think im not sure the dock has an svideo putput also....remeber im not certain of it

do i have to have a pod to do the whole carputer thing? i absolutely hate ipods... usb ftw

oh my bad i ment i want to get a carputer to hold the music and vids and run that into the hu... lol this is sorta why i dont want to do the carputer myself bc i get all :-[ and i really dont know much about them at all.

im likeing the look of that sound card new cent posted...

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=43

that would be easy for me to hook up to the hu so i like it... hey for carputers what should i look for in terms of video, a laptop graphics card?

Archived