Carputer 101

Guest MegaloManiac

lol... im not sure about the whole carputer thing anymore... i want it but i think i should get my speaker concerns out the way

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

lol well a carputer would be pimp but i think i need to get speakers hooked up first that way i can hear the thing play.... right now im looking at getting the center consol finished up then get the center speakers/dash done. after that ill have some sound so ill either move on to the doors or start the carputer project if i decide to do so at that time

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

hey i would watch out about removing the stock hu with chevy cars. i remember my friend monte carlo had the computer of the car running thru the head unit. like tire pressure sensors and other stuff like that so your car may malfunction if you remove it.

nah its with pretty much all gm cars now adays... new gm lan system fuckes everyone over... but ya i checked it out and acording to the dealer who sold it to me (general manager, service manager, and some other manager) as long as i use a harness and dont cut wires ill be fine... but ya im glad i didnt get the monte... or worse the G6 lol gm decided to put all kinds of stuff in that radio

U should be fine with the cobalt....u just need the 24 pin harness unles u have GM LAN then u need 2 24 pin harnesses. up to 05 montes can still do it they just need a 17 ft harness that relocates the stack hu to the rear to retain all the chimes, airbag, and some sensors. i think the harness goes for around $50

Archived