Best Bargain lowering kit for Tahoe?

SO my friends wife is getting 26" dub bombers in black for her tahoe I just about have her talked into a mild lowering kit.

I seen just spring only drops, Ive seen some that have shock drop down brakets, spindle drops, ivve seen a rear only spring "leveling" kit, all kinds of shit.

What about the camber issues, if she goes with say an Eibach kit will it be able to reach alignment specs???

I've seen some alignment bolts to take care of this... do those work??

So she doesn't want to spend a lot on lowering, I dont want her to have 26" wheels and a huge ugly fender gap...

, and I want her to get a good kit that wont foul up expensive tires or whatever.

-Coop

go with a 2/3 kit from any of the companies like DJM, McGaughy's, or BellTech

you will want either torsion keys or spindles for the front and springs for the back.

spindles will be a better ride.

I am not sure about the 2/3 kit but definitely for a 3/5 kit you will need shock relocators and aftermarket shocks otherwise you will hate the ride.

a normal alignment from your shop will need to happen after you do anything with your suspension camber shouldn't be effected with a "mild" drop

stylintrucks is not the cheapest place to go but it is definitely a start for price ranges for how much of a drop and what you get in the way of hardware and shocks and what not so search around there

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

go with a 2/3 kit from any of the companies like DJM, McGaughy's, or BellTech

you will want either torsion keys or spindles for the front and springs for the back.

spindles will be a better ride.

I am not sure about the 2/3 kit but definitely for a 3/5 kit you will need shock relocators and aftermarket shocks otherwise you will hate the ride.

a normal alignment from your shop will need to happen after you do anything with your suspension camber shouldn't be effected with a "mild" drop

stylintrucks is not the cheapest place to go but it is definitely a start for price ranges for how much of a drop and what you get in the way of hardware and shocks and what not so search around there

I know this will sound pretty weak but spindles sound like a PITA, Can I just get away wit han Eibach all spring kit and be done with it??

if you are installing it spindles are more difficult than springs but worth it for the better ride.

I have never heard of all springs on a tahoe...

never asked... what year is it?

and if you want to stay cheap search the tahoeyukonforum and sites like that for people selling just springs or just keys because it can be cheaper especially if they are used

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

if you are installing it spindles are more difficult than springs but worth it for the better ride.

I have never heard of all springs on a tahoe...

never asked... what year is it?

and if you want to stay cheap search the tahoeyukonforum and sites like that for people selling just springs or just keys because it can be cheaper especially if they are used

Its an '07. I sent her to a shop here and he was recommending a 2" rear only drop or a 1.5 front and a 2.5" rear kit but, it was backordered till december... thanks for tha help

ground force, 1.5/2.5 coils. No problem getting it re-aligned. if its got auto level to get the kit for it

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

Yeah if you got money for those rims spend alittle more and get a quality lowering kit and get a proper alignment done. No reason to cheap out on a lowering kit, with those big rims and little tires you'll definitely feel a huge difference in ride quality. Get a set of quality spindles for the front and lowering springs for the back. I'd replace the shocks too, but I like a lowered ride to have lowered shocks to help improve the ride.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Archived