ALWAYS WEAR HEARING PROTECTION - Woofers NO match for a Router

as you know, or not, i just got done making 12 Trim rings last night each with 6 seperate passes (watch the vid to understand why).......anyway it took a few hours to do and during that time, i guess i didnt notice just how loud that shit was. Its 12hours now after i stopped working and my ears are still ringing, even after a nights sleep. Its gotten a little better but DAMN - no joke!! Those higher pitched noises are BAD NEWS for your ears. OK bass hurts your body and might crush your skull and make it hard to breath, but even 20db louder then the router, its no match for the sound that thing puts out...... no doubt the higher stuff whether its music (tweets) or a power tool, will damage your hearing quicker.

Im goin out to the shop (here at work) and grabbin a bunch of ear plugs and ill probably get some new earmuffs soon since Rock (my Rotty) ate the last pair.

I know im the last person to preach hearing protection but on the real, my highs have always hurt me more then my bass -

Just my warning and story for the day :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

cut some 4 inch pvc pipe with a chop saw and let me know how loud that router is...

never in my life have a heard a noise so loud and irritating

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

That's one thing I fear lol. Whenever I am working with tools and such I always try to wear protection, plus it makes it more comfortable for me to work.

I hear ya Meade!

Going into my new setup in the 03 PT Cruiser:

15" Adire Audio Brahma Mkii

AQ 1200D

Alpine 9884

3.5 cubes tuned to 29hz with square port(thanks Ben Building!)

ILLusive Theory(ILLSET)

Dreams Clothing!!

Let me add to it real quick.

Always use a dust mask. MDF is no joke when you get lung cancer later.

I always use a mask, ear muffs and eye protection when cutting wood. Haven't always, but its a good practice top get into.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Let me add to it real quick.

Always use a dust mask. MDF is no joke when you get lung cancer later.

I always use a mask, ear muffs and eye protection when cutting wood. Haven't always, but its a good practice top get into.

Amen on the dust mask Bill.

A really good friend of mine lost his step dad to a lung infection from saw dust that had built up in the bottom of his lungs over the years being a cabinet maker. Mold spores can build up in saturated saw dust in your lungs very easily. the shit is no joke.

Same goes if you are sanding or cutting fiberglass. Fiberglass dust can fuck your lungs up permantly..

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

My friends call me an idiot for having a big ass system. "Its gonna make you def!" and then they turn around and shove their ipod earbuds in their ears and channel 135+ dbs of high frequencies right into their ear canal. And listen to it for hours. They are going to be def long before I am. Always wear protection, can't stand grinding for long hours. Plasma cuter kicks my ass too, I run for the ear muffs before I finish the first cut. Haha!

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Amen on the dust mask Bill.

A really good friend of mine lost his step dad to a lung infection from saw dust that had built up in the bottom of his lungs over the years being a cabinet maker. Mold spores can build up in saturated saw dust in your lungs very easily. the shit is no joke.

Same goes if you are sanding or cutting fiberglass. Fiberglass dust can fuck your lungs up permantly..

i work at a law firm that specializes in lung cancer and Mesothelioma.

Alot of the companies that we have lawsuits with are fiberglass companies.

Heed my warning... THIS STUFF IS NO JOKE!

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

i always wear hearing,eye protection and respiration protection when working with mdf and or wood.....when you are younger you think that nothing can phase you....like a sense of invincibility.....

" WELCOME TO AMERICA!!" we speak english here.....

as you know, or not, i just got done making 12 Trim rings last night each with 6 seperate passes (watch the vid to understand why).......anyway it took a few hours to do and during that time, i guess i didnt notice just how loud that shit was. Its 12hours now after i stopped working and my ears are still ringing, even after a nights sleep. Its gotten a little better but DAMN - no joke!! Those higher pitched noises are BAD NEWS for your ears. OK bass hurts your body and might crush your skull and make it hard to breath, but even 20db louder then the router, its no match for the sound that thing puts out...... no doubt the higher stuff whether its music (tweets) or a power tool, will damage your hearing quicker.

Im goin out to the shop (here at work) and grabbin a bunch of ear plugs and ill probably get some new earmuffs soon since Rock (my Rotty) ate the last pair.

I know im the last person to preach hearing protection but on the real, my highs have always hurt me more then my bass -

Just my warning and story for the day :D

yeah, shits loud as fuck when you are facing directly towards the router, i might have to get an ear plug, but when i do it before, i just face to the left side so my right ear is directly facing the router and then raise my right shoulder to cover my ear.