Sonic Electronix

hifonics

theres another company is can be done lol just have to figure it out i kinda glad he posted this topic cause im really wanting o look in to this now

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

think i found somthing thats sorta like im looking for here its called a vu meter i would assume when the red led lights up its clipping (correct?)

kinda more then i wanna spend though im gunna look around more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_meter

not sure if this can tell clipping or not but i know they are pretty cool thing to star at lol my friend had some on his old house radio one for each channel that came built into his set up, really really old setup from like the 80's but speakers are still working and everything still working till this day and still hits damn good for a pair of old ass 18's

hope you find your answer for sure tho cuz you got me wondering myself now lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_meter

not sure if this can tell clipping or not but i know they are pretty cool thing to star at lol my friend had some on his old house radio one for each channel that came built into his set up, really really old setup from like the 80's but speakers are still working and everything still working till this day and still hits damn good for a pair of old ass 18's

hope you find your answer for sure tho cuz you got me wondering myself now lol

i hope i can find one cheap and ill get it and see if it would show clipping because i know what volume my amp clips when playing the test tone.

if anyone else is looking please post if you find one for cheap

don't need led to handle that much if you know how to wire them, this i know from making led marker lights and tail lights

Solution 0: 1 x 1 array uses 1 LEDs exactly

+40V wizc-lterm4.pngwizc-d.pngwizc-r.png R = 820 ohms

The wizard says: In solution 0:

•each 820 ohm resistor dissipates 2050 mW

•the wizard thinks the power dissipated in your resistors is a concern

•together, all resistors dissipate 2050 mW

•together, the diodes dissipate 75 mW

•total power dissipated by the array is 2125 mW

•the array draws current of 50 mA from the source.

if i knew how they wire this up and what all goes into it i might be able to figure it out with some time but i'm not for sure how to tell if signal is clipping just by voltage, and for wave format i have no clue how the LED's would pick that up so i couldn't even begin to try and figure it out, in time maybe but just getting into this LED thing so

if i knew how they wire this up and what all goes into it i might be able to figure it out with some time but i'm not for sure how to tell if signal is clipping just by voltage, and for wave format i have no clue how the LED's would pick that up so i couldn't even begin to try and figure it out, in time maybe but just getting into this LED thing so

if you google clip indicator all that comes up is schematics of how to make them i dont understand any of it though

AQ amps have indicators in the bass knobs when the amp is clipping.

i would just get a new amp that has it build in already. or who knows next thing you know you will try doing a "Home made indicator" and you fuck up the amp. dont risk the chances. just an FYI!