Sonic Electronix

Questions on Rockford Fosgate T2000-1bd Amp.

Alright so I am looking for a amp for my 15" FI BL sub.

I came across the Rockford Fosgate t2000-1bd. For those who own this amp, please tell me, do you really need a high/output alternator,capacitor,and extra battery?

I can understand the extra battery and capacitor but, do you really need to purchase a high output alternator?

Or can I get by with my stock alternator...

Also if you have ever did a current draw test on how much this SUCKER eats...How many amps does your alternator have to push out when your system is pounding?

**ALSO**

I was also considering stepping down a notch to the "Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd". The main reason I was heading towards the 2000w amp is because I was considering stepping up my subs in the future but for now I will be sticking with my FI BL 15" sub.

Please Reply Thanks

a t1500 will be plenty for a BL I have a t1000 on my 18 and it pounds!

as for a H/O alt first do the Big 3 and if you still have voltage issues with a spare battery it may be necessary to buy one.

DC Power can hook you up for exactly what you need so check them out.

a capacitor should only be used when you have little to no voltage drop otherwise they are just going to draw from your alt you are better off staying with batteries.

oh and the t series RF amps are pretty power hungry.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

a t1500 will be plenty for a BL I have a t1000 on my 18 and it pounds!

as for a H/O alt first do the Big 3 and if you still have voltage issues with a spare battery it may be necessary to buy one.

DC Power can hook you up for exactly what you need so check them out.

a capacitor should only be used when you have little to no voltage drop otherwise they are just going to draw from your alt you are better off staying with batteries.

oh and the t series RF amps are pretty power hungry.

Koo koo thanks for the advice....

Do you think the t2000-1bd will be TOO MUCH for my 15" BL? Will it be doin to much? Killin my sub??

Koo koo thanks for the advice....

Do you think the t2000-1bd will be TOO MUCH for my 15" BL? Will it be doin to much? Killin my sub??

is the BL fully loaded?..if it is it will take the T2000-1bd with the right box etc.

you could do it but its a matter for how long you could.

as with almost all RF amps the t2000 would be no exception to being under rated which means you could be putting close to 2500 watts on a BL that takes 1000 or 1500 fully loaded.

trust me if you build the box right and keep your voltage up a t1000 or even a t1500 will slam

you could do it but its a matter for how long you could.

as with almost all RF amps the t2000 would be no exception to being under rated which means you could be putting close to 2500 watts on a BL that takes 1000 or 1500 fully loaded.

trust me if you build the box right and keep your voltage up a t1000 or even a t1500 will slam

Yea I heard the t20001-bd is underrated by factory specs. I just wanted to make sure that I was getting the power I needed to my 15" BL. I wanted to make sure it was pounding right and up to my expectations. And trust me I have heard cars with some real bass. I just hope this comes through for me...THANKS...

How much do you think the RMS is for the t1500-1bd wired at 2ohms? Considered it is underrated.

being under rated I would say it would do 1500 at 2 ohm

my t1000 does 1000 at 2 ohm and 1500 at 1 ohm

I think it was the t2000 that at 2 ohm it did more than at 1 ohm or at least a few of the amps did.

bottom line is they are beasts and you will be satisfied... for a while :spiteful:

Archived